• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SG2 vibrates occasionally when not being used for no reason. Why?

Jozudave

May 20, 2011
London
I'm sure it is some sort of setting I have activated but my SG2 vibrates every now and then when it's just sitting unused on the desk next to me. Any idea what it could be?

I've set the volume right down to off which switches it to vibrate mode, but that doesn't really explain why it's randomly vibrating even when I'm not receiving any calls or messages.

I'm sure it is some sort of setting I have activated but my SG2 vibrates every now and then when it's just sitting unused on the desk next to me. Any idea what it could be?

I've set the volume right down to off which switches it to vibrate mode, but that doesn't really explain why it's randomly vibrating even when I'm not receiving any calls or messages.

I may be wrong, but I believe it vibrates at various events, such as low battery, wifi connected and stuff like that.

Upvote 0
I believe I've been having the same problem recently, and I think I've tracked down the cause:
At first I thought it was some rogue app sending phoney notifications, but I happened to be looking at the battery information whilst it was randomly vibrating, and I noticed the status briefly changed to "charging (USB)" and then back to "discharging", even though it wasn't plugged in or anything

this is a serious pain in the ass for me, as the constant vibration makes me think I'm getting a message or something, and it discharges quite some battery...
when I turn my ringtone sound on, it will constantly beep instead of vibrate, but this interrupts the music player, which is probably even more of a pain in the ass

I think it might be related to some dust in the connector causing a faulty signal or something... I'll try to keep u posted if I manage to fix it, which I really hope I do

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones