• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SGS2 and home router hate each other

starchest

Lurker
Oct 12, 2011
I'm trying to find a solution without spending $$ on a new router.

My SGS2 does not work with my home router, it asks for password, accept it, connects and shows a (good) signal. But nothing works until I turn the wi-fi off, then everything comes through.

I once restarted the galaxy and it worked for a while, although it was slow as :D..

The wierd thing is 3 laptops and an iPad work PERFECTLY without hiccups with that same router.

I already reseted the router and configured it all over again. Still nothing. :(

Thank you all in advance!

Greetings starchest,

I know that this might sound crazy, but have you tried a higher form of encryption. I'm just grasping at straws, but maybe the SGS doesn't like that setting. Can't hurt to try.

Sidenote: Wep is the lowest setting you can have and still say that you have a "secure" Wi-fi spot. For your own security, you might just want to step up a few notches.

Good luck

Reactions: starchest
Upvote 0
Greetings starchest,

I know that this might sound crazy, but have you tried a higher form of encryption. I'm just grasping at straws, but maybe the SGS doesn't like that setting. Can't hurt to try.

Sidenote: Wep is the lowest setting you can have and still say that you have a "secure" Wi-fi spot. For your own security, you might just want to step up a few notches.

Good luck

I'll try that but I don't know how much will it help, when I reseted it and tried it without a password (open connection with default settings) it still didn't work, but in the university it does work with an open signal, all my devices worked with the reseted open network.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones