• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SGS3-R530M] Return to stock & reset your flash counter

Well here it is 1:46am and my problem just got worse. Before I consulted you shabby, I tried flashing MF2 on the phone using odin and now all I am getting is Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue."Please select recovery mode in kies and try again." Well I cannot get Kies to recognize my phone for the life of me and I well to say the least am about fed up. I dont know what else to do short of dropping this thing in the toilet, any help would be greatly appreciated, but as of right now I dont have much hope

Upvote 0
So I have tried using the Nv read and write program, to restore my nv items, to no avail. I only tried it with my Imei number and Im realizing thats probably not my issue. Now here's the question I have if I was to take my girlfriends Galaxy s3 and back up all her nv items and then write her items to my phone would this more or less solve my issue? If I go to settings>more> about phone>Status its giving me this which is where I think is my issue,

Network: Searching for Service
Mobile network type: LTE
Service State: Out of service
Mobile Network State: Connected
My Phone Number: Unknown
Min: Unknown
PRL version:0
ERI Verson: 2

Once again though, I have tried to manually program my phone. Neither of my MSID (Min) or my phone number will stick.

Upvote 0
whoa what nv program? CDMA devices doa handsfree activation, your nv items are yours. your girlfriends are hers. you need to enable the dialer menu code i wanna say its like ##hiddenmenu# or *#*#hiddenmenu#*#* youll need your MSL a quick youtube video will show ya that, and you then need to do a ##RTN# which will wipe your device clean and when you reboot it will do a hands free activation re registering it on teh network, if that doesnt help then the problem is on metro's side :/

Upvote 0
I have r530m s3
had cyangen mod on it after it took nightly update I lost access point under more networks also phone lost service
I tried to flash back to R530MVQALJ1 but it keeps failing
auth failed
I flash lastest firmware ubna1 everything went good but still no service
access point still missing under more networks
any suggestion

Upvote 0
I received a SCH-R530M S3 from my daughter when she went to another carrier and the phone could not be transferred because it was not able to be unlocked do to an upgrade the took the phone to 4.3. It cam with software version LJ1 and I was trying to bring it back to that version using Odin, but it failed and know I cannot get past the "Samsung Galaxy SIII" screen. I am able to get into download mode and also able to perform a hard reset, but neither of these seem to do any good. I had rooted 4.3 and it was working fine prior to me trying to downgrade.

If you have not figured it out yet. I know just enough to be dangerous.

Any help would be more than appreciated.

Emitt

P. S. I realize this is an old thread. Just praying for HELP!

Attachments

• CAM00309.jpg
    CAM00309.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 0
The flash fails while writing to the system.img.ext4 partition. Now when trying to boot into recovery mode the phone says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

Now this is interesting. I hooked the phone up to a linux box while in download mode and LSUSB shows "Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd GT-I9100 Phone [Galaxy S II] (Download mode)"

Attachments

• WriteFail.JPG
    WriteFail.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Shabby,

Your instructions finally worked. I got back to this today and started by installing CWM-11 and it worked. SO I thought I would try to put back the stock image you provided, but kept having issues on the system.img.ext4 folder, Odin kept failing as before. One little note about this whole process. I was working from a windows 7 VM. So I decided to try my main computer and like magic the img pushed and the phone was back to st0ck 4.3. It acted a little flaky at first. I pulled the SD card out and it booted right up and everything looks fine. I am going to try the triangle.apk now since I have 18 updates.

Your instructions were right on. I just had a few things to work through myself to get everything to come together. Thank a million like everyone else on here is saying.

Bozo

Upvote 0
whoa what nv program? CDMA devices doa handsfree activation, your nv items are yours. your girlfriends are hers. you need to enable the dialer menu code i wanna say its like ##hiddenmenu# or *#*#hiddenmenu#*#* youll need your MSL a quick youtube video will show ya that, and you then need to do a ##RTN# which will wipe your device clean and when you reboot it will do a hands free activation re registering it on teh network, if that doesnt help then the problem is on metro's side :/
I try this but I think I missing a step!

Upvote 0
R530M (d2mtr)

All tars can be found at www.shabbypenguin.com

using these tars will wipe your entire device. the only way they will know you were rooted is via download counter.

How to reset the flash counter

use triangle away for flash counter resets, its the only thing that woprks anymore

Credits for flash counter reset:
airtioteclint
edgeez25
averagewonder
and a very special big thanks to billard412 for helping me learn this stuff.
Hello Shabby, sorry to bother but by any chance do you still have the firmware for SCH-R530M 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 available?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones