• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ShadowRom In Rom Manager.

Alright...anyone want me to test any features or check for bugs??? Maps loads SUPER fast...trackpad wake works AWESOME...google nav works...it is having me download a text to speech app

Well Im having a real issue with downloads and not being able to see my internal storage on my computer or move anything to the internal via astro or oi file manager.

Upvote 0
Prior to flashing this I went out and got a 16 gb micro sd so that I would not have to worry about internal storage ;)

I have a 8gig but theres another 8 that I cant use the way I would like and its a bit annoying. Other that the not being able to dl files is the only big gripes I have. I was trying to dl the black and bold theme to my phone so that I could install it but I get nada

Upvote 0
I'm loving this ROM. I flashed, and am having no issues. Still configuring, still trying to figure out how to SET CPU to be somewhat effective.
No WIFI shut downs or anything like that. My only complaint is the widgets but I'll deal with that. This is my first rom ever and I can not complain. Can't wait to try others.

Ran with wifi and no problem...Played with it all night and seems to be doing fine in terms of battery use...I love it!

I have had zero FC and all aps work fine!

Upvote 0
That fact that it does not see internal storage relegates this Rom to beta status and not well tested, unless it was designed that way. That being said, I am running an RC release so that is not a deal breaker. But I've not had to do a battery pull, 3 times within 1 day, on any other Rom yet. The fact that some are having no problems at all tell me that something is not playing nice, like the kernel, radio or some apps. It's a very fast and nice Rom it just needs some major work before I can put it into production.

Upvote 0
That fact that it does not see internal storage relegates this Rom to beta status and not well tested, unless it was designed that way. That being said, I am running an RC release so that is not a deal breaker. But I've not had to do a battery pull, 3 times within 1 day, on any other Rom yet. The fact that some are having no problems at all tell me that something is not playing nice, like the kernel, radio or some apps. It's a very fast and nice Rom it just needs some major work before I can put it into production.

I'm trying it with out the KK Kernal installed and gonna see if I have the same issues. I can't deal with battery pulls, I didn't think Internal Storage was a big deal w/ a 32gb sdcard but I kinda miss it

Upvote 0
Sure enough :D

[THEME] Exclusive Incognito Red For Shadow Rom - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

(Theme) Black N Bold for ShadowROM - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

[THEME] Executive Series for ShadowROM - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

These themes say for Sholes only but based on the advice of INSANENEIVIESIS and billygalbreath (develpoers of ShadowRom)I tried them anyways and haven't had any problems. Just make sure you backup first just in case.

Thanks for the links, and I like them, but How do I revert back to the original stock theme of the ROM? I don't want to have to re-flash if I don't have to, but....
Sorry if a noob question.

Upvote 0
I'm trying it with out the KK Kernal installed and gonna see if I have the same issues. I can't deal with battery pulls, I didn't think Internal Storage was a big deal w/ a 32gb sdcard but I kinda miss it

I miss the internal storage as well, fortunately I had just cleaned it out prior to rooting. I updated to a newer Kernel this morning and haven't had any issues. Jim, I've followed your advice as far as setting for the set cpu...should they be adjusted for this kind of ROM?

Upvote 0

No AOSP ROMS can see internal. Like I said I went out and got a 16 GB card before I flashed this just so I could still handle all my stuff. :)

Upvote 0

I have never had a single freeze or reboot with this ROM in the 4 or 5 days I have been running it. I did have them with CM if I used wifi and I haven't used wifi with ShadowROM yet....

Thanks for the links, and I like them, but How do I revert back to the original stock theme of the ROM? I don't want to have to re-flash if I don't have to, but....
Sorry if a noob question.

Restore your backup. That is the only way. Sorry. Always make a backup before trying themes :D

Upvote 0
Thanks Grand MasterB....Does Titanium backup do an automated restore? Or is it all individual selection of the apps?

You can do a batch restore and if you have the paid version you do not need to click ok to install each individual app. Be careful on restoring system settings and app setting because you will no longer have all the sense stuff

Upvote 0
Mine shows pictures...did so almost right away...if it does not then unsync in facebook app and try again :)

I had a strange bug happen tonight was at 13 percent battery and was on a call...call dropped out a second and phone app seemed to close and signal lost...then miraculously it popped back up and i was still on the call...weird! when i was on stock 2.2 with sense i would have calls kind of go silent for a second but the phone app never closed...etiher way this ROM is about 95% sound and I would say stock HTC Sense 2.2 rolled out by verizon is probably 97% sound (bug free)

Upvote 0
I am not sure why you have had so many battery pulls. I still have had zero...I wiped everything and loaded the aosp kernel from king first then the ROM...I restored just APPs i had downloaded with titanium (Not all apps because there were so many HTC ones) and I am running LP Plus and am having zero issues. I do not have a handle on my battery yet though...seems like it goes pretty damn fast but still I am not too sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones