• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Share how you use your screens

Got my stuff put back on the way I like it. Trying out the nexus pattern wallpaper...not sure why it looks funny to me...looks like it is stretched or something, not as clear as I would like it to look. I will have to play w/ the resolution or something, I think the resolution is too low. Grabbed this lockscreen image from someone in here...I would like to use it as an overlay on another image...fancy photoshop stuff that I'm not too good at. So it is what it is right now. I have sort of an icon fetish...i guess you could call it. The low res crappy looking icons I have are bugging me, I may have to change 3 or 4 of them with better cut or something...maybe...

Edit: lol, after posting, found out how to do it. Thanks to pixlr.com, yay!

Upvote 0
My Newest HomeScreen. Created by me based off of Noj's Work though :)

I guess I should specify that the OSU is actually the Lockscreen.

snap20100218_201105.png

Upvote 0

DUDE!!! Coheed is the ****ing sex. Can you post your wallpaper & lockscreen background? I'd be so appreciative.

Anyways, here's my new set up. Enjoy!

snap20100220_134851.png

snap20100220_134839.png

snap20100220_134834.png

snap20100220_134845.png

snap20100220_135135.png

Notice the CoCa in my music widget! :] I've been meaning to change the dialer and contacts back to the stock white... it doesn't go very well with the green. I'll post whatever I have if someone wants it!

Upvote 0
mrcharlesiv

What are you using for your taskbar, clock, weather widget, etc.?

Also, how do you get the 2.1 icons to work? I am rooted, have fresh 1.1 and gumbo. I have tried to use the kitchen and RA to add them. So far, it does not work. :(

I'm running the Gumbo 1.5c Bare ROM, GODZSON's 2.1 icons, taskbar & dialer and the DarkStar Theme.

With the DarkStar theme the location icon in the taskbar is the same as the GPS icon so I fixed that in com.htc.resources and pushed it back to my phone. I'll walk you through that if I need to.

Hope I helped! Let me know what I can help you with.. I've been helped so much I need to start helping others now that I know what I'm doing!

Upvote 0
mrcharlesiv

Also, how do you get the 2.1 icons to work? I am rooted, have fresh 1.1 and gumbo. I have tried to use the kitchen and RA to add them. So far, it does not work. :(

mrcharlesiv

I'm running the Gumbo 1.5c Bare ROM, GODZSON's 2.1 icons, taskbar & dialer and the DarkStar Theme.

With the DarkStar theme the location icon in the taskbar is the same as the GPS icon so I fixed that in com.htc.resources and pushed it back to my phone. I'll walk you through that if I need to.

Hope I helped! Let me know what I can help you with.. I've been helped so much I need to start helping others now that I know what I'm doing!

Upvote 0
What about the clock and weather widget?

The clock & weather widget is just one widget. It's the 'Weather Widget' by Android Apps that I mentioned in my above post. If you use the darkstar theme I went ahead and fixed the location icon in the taskbar and saved the com.htc.resources so if you want it I can post and walk you through pushing it.

EDIT: My lock screen app is LockBot Pro, if you were wondering. It's a paid app, too. Seems like all the good apps are paid... :/

Reactions: joshpdavis80
Upvote 0
The darkstar theme link that you left does not work for me. Will you check it?

Woops. Sorry about that... Here it is:
xda-developers - View Single Post - Hero Mods, Themes, APK's, Fonts, Lockscreens, Taskbars

When you flash the theme from recovery it may say something like, "Error: Failure at line 4" but it will still work. Let me know if you want the location icon fix. I might have to email it to you cause I don't know if I can post an .apk file on here...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones