• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sharing Apps with Family

Hello,

I did a few searches but couldn't find anything specific to what I'm talking about. My wife and I both got Droids the other day and love them. We are enjoying finding apps and all that stuff, but one thing I haven't been able to figure out is how we can share apps between us. Granted I dont want to illegally share apps with random people and friends, just between my wife. Not big into paying for 1 app 2 times so that we can share an experience. We both have ipod touch's, and we have always been able to share the apps with that by my 'authorizing' her ipod to match mine. She still has her email and all that, just we share a purchasing account. I imagine there is a backdoor way to copy apps and api's, but i dont want to get into that. I used to have a custom rom winmo and part of the appeal of the droid was it would do everything i want without having to crack it. I heard google was thinking about app sharing, and app2sd is in official development, but is there anything I can do now?

Thanks,

Anyone have any clues about syncing Google Checkout accounts? OR how to change the account that is logged into android market on her phone? Over at the google forums someone suggested you can simply change the Market App to be signed into my account on her phone, while it's also linked to my phone. I couldn't find any way to do this or any posts that explained it. Right now this is my biggest gripe with the phone/system and i'm going crazy trying to figure it out. Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones