• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sharing Links on Facebook app

cyberkamote

Jul 17, 2010
Im using HTC desire, im sorry if I havent searched the forum enough..

Im wondering if there is ever a way to post a link in Facebook like how you do it on the full web site- when you click on "What's on your mind" a drop down of several icon appears and when you choose the "link" icon you can paste the URL there.

The problem is that without that interface the URL messes up with the actual message you wanted to post (most of the time to explain the link you are posting).

Sheesh I hope I explained it correctly. :D

I had some trouble with this and ended up jsut using the share option from the web browser, its a lot easier. All you have to do is go to the page you want to share on Facebook then press the menu button, choose more and then select share. It'll then ask you how you want to share it and Facebook should be one of the options.

Reactions: cyberkamote
Upvote 0
I had some trouble with this and ended up jsut using the share option from the web browser, its a lot easier. All you have to do is go to the page you want to share on Facebook then press the menu button, choose more and then select share. It'll then ask you how you want to share it and Facebook should be one of the options.

yay! Yeah! this is a good workaround! Thanks! good enough for me, since it has a place where I can place "comments" which ends up the same way- as a description for the link im posting!
;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones