1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sharing photo from gallery via text

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by MellanieAnne, Aug 21, 2016.

1. MellanieAnne

MellanieAnne Lurker
    None

Aug 21, 2016
    Female
    Hello! I recently switched from iPhone to SGS7 and I found sharing a photo from the gallery is less efficient than with the iPhone.

With my S7, I select share, then messages, then I am forced to select share to existing contacts or new contacts, then once I locate the contact, a messaging window finally opens.

Is there another way I can share photos like with the iPhone, where I hit share, then a message opens with the attachment and I just type in the contact name and send?

To clarify, I prefer to share photos from my gallery rather than an attachment to a text message.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Open in gallery, touch the 3 dots, choose share, choose your messaging app, pick your contact, send it

3. MellanieAnne

MellanieAnne Lurker
    None

Aug 21, 2016
    Female
    Thanks for replying. I do understand how to share a photo via text. I am inquiring as to how I can send it in 2 steps (like I could with my iphone) rather than in 6 steps where I am forced to open my contacts and select a contact before the message window even opens.

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Not possible with 2 steps on Android

5. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    if I am sending to someone whom I have been texting, adding a photo to the text is easy.

In Textra, click on the + sign, select photos, then just find the picture you want, click OK, and you are done.

it is NOT a 2 step process, and I just can't imagine how it would be on an iPhone either.
    you have to get to the photos, and you have to select the picture, and you have to give it the okay to go....
    that is not 2 steps.

6. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    if it is a new contact to send the SMS plus photo, start first with the Contacts app, Long Press their name, select SMS, add the text, use the + symbol and add the photo.
    not hard.

Dannydet likes this.
  7. MellanieAnne

MellanieAnne Lurker
    None

Aug 21, 2016
    Female
    Thank you for your response. My question is regarding how to efficiently send a picture, while I am in my gallery, to a recipient via text. With my iPhone, I would view a photo in my gallery, tap share, tap messages, then a message window pops up, and all I have to do is type in my contact and send.

With my Android, I have to tap share, tap messages, choose between existing contacts or new contact, then type in my existing contact's name, tap done, THEN the message window finally opens, then I can hit send.

I am wondering if there are any settings that can be manipulated to lessen the steps to send a photo via text while I'm in my photo gallery.

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I presume with iPhone the default is iMessage, iOS only.

I've not used iOS myself, but on my phone there is a choice of which messaging service I want to use to send a photo.

[​IMG]
    Tap which service I want to use, then select recipients.