• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shell / Holster Case - I love it!

I posted this in the silicone case thread but works here to since I merged it with my holster, the silicone case wraps around the phone so nice and protects every angle of it unlike the one that comes with this holster.

Alright silicone case users. I have the best combo ever on my phone and it works and fits so nice. Im using the black silicone case with the black holster that has the cross hatch pattern sine I dont like the slide on cover that it comes with. They both fit together perfectly. Of course I'm the kind of person that likes to carry my phone holstered on my belt and not in my pocket so if this is you the combo is awesome

Upvote 0
I was originally going to go with the red to black gradient case until I saw the shell/holster combo in the store. I'm used to having my phone holstered and I liked the look and feel of this one, so I went with that one over the red/black case.

I had the shell/holster combo on my Moto Dorid and loved it, so I ordered and received the one for the Inc before I even got my new phone.
When I got it in, there were two things I didn't like:
1) the texture is ugly, but bearable (i guess)
2) The entire top edge of the phone is exposed
3) The lens is exposed

So when I picked up my phone at the store on the 29th, I had the shell/holster in hand and though "why not try and see if the black/red-gradient case or the silicon case fit in the holster?" . . . . Sure enough, either fits just fine. The black/red actually fits a little more snugly than either the "shell" that came with the holster or the silicon one.
Now, my only remaining concern is the lens exposure, but that sure beats the entire screen being exposed.

Personally, I REALLY like the combo of the two, but each to their own.

kevinbakon-albums-pics-picture1101-black-red-holstercombo001.jpg

kevinbakon-albums-pics-picture1102-black-red-holstercombo002.jpg

Reactions: atnbirdie
Upvote 0
I had my phone fall out of the holster once when I had gotten out of the car but leaned back in to grab something. It slid out onto the floorboard so no trama. I found it to be too loose with the case that comes with the holster. I have switched to the red snap-on case and and much more satified with its fit in the holster and that it won't slide out on its own.

Be careful about using the default case in the horizontal position.

Upvote 0
I took my shell/holster combo back last night. I just hated the pattern and the fact that it didn't cover all sides of the phone. I also didn't like how it didn't have a clip to hold the phone in better. I could definitely see the phone being "pushed" out if I moved in a certain way with my wallet in my pocket, etc.

I ended up just getting the black silicone case for now. I really like it!

Upvote 0
I have this case as well but I'm thinking about returning it because its not as rugged as I'd like. I have a tendency to drop my phone so I want something more rugged.

Also I hate having the belt holster strapped in while the phone isn't in the cradle. Ideally I'd want a case that haas the nub in the back that clips into the belt like the body glove case, but more rugged (has a silicone inner layer with a harder outer shell.

I agree, I really like the feel of this combo, but I'm active and if your not careful it will gradually slip out of its holder..already dropped it twice(with any damage)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones