• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

shell/holster combo problem

I ordered the offical verizon shell/holster and got it today and my top right corner doesn't seem to fit properly either. I've pushed and pulled to try and get it in place but there just isn't enough room for it to fit around the phone and snap into place properly it seems. If this is a known problem are they going to make an updated version that fits better?

Upvote 0
didn't care for the clear case either, but it was clear or blue, what would u choose:eek:
What?! and you didn't go with the BLUE...? :eek: Haha lol j/k I'd say you made the right color choice lol. I'm kinda waiting a little until more variety of cases come out, I'm still a little torn since I have a media dock and love it. Kinda limit's me since I don't want to keep taking the case on/off every night. I might invest in a quality pouch and shield/cover combo.

Upvote 0
I got my Shell/Holster combo yesterday and am returning it. You have to take it out of the shell to use the docks. Guess I'll look for just a pouch. I just wanted something until the luxury cases come out. I'm somewhat partial to Piel cases due to their exceptional customer service. I've also had great luck with Vaja and Noreve.

Upvote 0
I find it very difficult to remove the phone from the body glove. It almost feels like I may break the phone. And when I try to put back on, if I am not careful, I sometimes get caught on the lip/side of the phone by the usb port and I almost take apart the phone! Have others had this issue? Should I return/exchange it?

Upvote 0
They're still selling it in the Virginia Beach, VA store and my original link to it in their online store is still good. Doesn't mean they haven't recalled it, though...they had "Eris" under the picture of even though it was clearly the one for the Droid.

If was guessing...it's being recalled because after time it gets a little loose in the holster and might be more apt to slide out. I'm within the 30 days on mine so have been pondering taking it back and waiting for SeidioOnline.com to come out with something. Meanwhile, the heavier leather one works just fine.

I was the OP saying it had been recalled. It may have been regional due to shipments arrived; I do not know (hate those words). I took a chance and ordered one from the website. It arrived yesterday, and fits perfectly, like other folks have posted. It may be a try-before-you-buy situation in the store, if you're lucky enough to find one. If it doesn't work online, exchange it

I stand by my original post, as it applies to my area of New England. Online, coming from Forth Worth, TX, it has worked at least once...

Upvote 0
Alright, I sent an email to cs and was disappointed in the response. I can't believe they want me to run the leg work to inform Motorola of the issue. Your thoughts?

ORIGINAL MESSAGE

A few days ago I purchased the shell/holster combo case for the Motorola Droid (PART# MOTA855HOC1). I noticed when I put the case on the back piece does not securely fasten on the top right corner near the volume buttons. I found that I am not alone. Listed below are links to forums where this is being discussed. Some have suggested that this item has been recalled for just this reason. If so, when can I expect a replacement? I really like this case option and would like one that fits properly.

RESPONSE

Good afternoon, I am truly sorry for any inconvenience. My name is Rachael and it would be my pleasure to assist you with your concern on the accessory issues.

I did try to reach you to assist you with the accessory issue, but I was unsuccessful. I did leave you a message on your voice mail.

Accessories include a one-year replacement warranty and you also have 30 days to return the accessory with the receipt. This warranty is handled directly through the point of sale or the manufacturer. In review of your account I not see how the accessory was purchased. Please contact the company you purchased the accessory for.

Verizon Wireless is not the manufacturer of the accessories. Please contact Motorola for your concern on getting them recalled. Their number is 800-331-6456. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you again for your email regarding the accessory issue. I hope you continue to find the

Upvote 0
I ordered the Shell / Holster Combo from Verizon's web site and also found that the back cover doesn't snap on properly near the volume rocker. I also noted that the retaining clip on the front cover near the camera button seems to interfere with closing the slider, and forces the screen section away from the keyboard section.

I posted earlier about my local store saying these were recalled. I went to the other local store and the guy found one for me in the back. Overall I'm very satisfied with this case.

I see the tab you're talking about above the camera button, but mine doesn't seem to interfere with the slider at all...there seems to be enough clearance and sliding is just as smooth as without the case. Does anyone else have issues with this?

My only issue is that it makes a bad squeak when removing from the holster (sounds like a turkey call...), so i need to locate what part is rubbing.

Upvote 0
this case is all perfect but top right side is not perfect fit!

Attachments

• DSCF0439.jpg
    DSCF0439.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0
I just got my Droid last week and received the shell holster combo FedEx today. It has the same problem as the ones discussed above. Has anyone just filed off the tang on that piece in the upper right corner so that it sits closer to the case? I doubt that that little hook does much extra to hold the shell on the phone anyway.

Upvote 0
I just received mine from fedex a few days ago and the fitment is perfect. Nice slim feel and doesn't add to much weight to the phone.

The fit is perfect on mine too, if I ignore that little tang not hooking on the piece between the ON/OFF button and the volume button. Did you look there carefully to see if the tang actually catches on the top surface of the keyboard half? It is easy to miss if you don't look carefully. At least one person said that he thought his fit perfectly until he looked again. I forget which forum that was on.

Is there any connection between the discounted version and the bad fit?

I doubt it. I paid full price for mine online and it has that problem.

Upvote 0
I actually ordered the one off ebay and it is the same problem with the upper right hand corner not catching the edge.

there was actually another problem also. the tab that connects to the sliding part of the phone would hit the keyboard when you open or close it, automatically bringing up the search feature. the easiest way to fix that problem is to just file it down a bit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones