• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ShopSavvy off the market?

Reder

Lurker
May 29, 2009
Just got a new G1, and I've heard so much about ShopSavvy, but when I searched the market, I have been unable to find it. It's still showing up on Android's web site, and BigInJapan has a download link to it, but I'm at work so that won't work for me right now.

Anyone else noticed this?

Also try "Compare Everywhere". I have all three installed and find that they compliment each other well...

Compare Everywhere and ShopSavvy use different databases, and sometimes one would have a product or a good local listing hit, but not the other, and vice versa.

As to Barcode Scanner - it is not as useful for search, as it simply redirects your barcode to the web browser, but it is great for other code scanning, like QR and DataMatrix 2D codes. It also integrates itself into contacts, so that when you open up a contact on your phone you can press menu and there's an option to generate the QR code on screen for another G1 (or similar) phone user to scan it off your screen, and viola - contact shared.

LEM.

Upvote 0
Glad to know I'm not crazy and there's actually a reason for half of the apps I've seen online to now show up in my market.

Last I spoke with customer care, I should be getting 1.5 before June 6th, so I think I'll wait for it to come to me.

Thanks so much for your help, everyone who contributed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones