• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I switch Back from EVO3d to EVO 4g ?

For amplifying the sound look for DSP Manager which works quite well. It wont be as loud as 4g but does get loud enough.

As far as texts go, once root become available you can install LCD density changer and change resolution to make it as close to the 4g resolution but of course this will affect everything and not just text. If this isn't to your liking I'm sure down the line youll be able to flash your own fonts to it.

Coming from 4g there are gonna be some difference but I think the positive outweighs the negative and for the most part its just a matter of getting used to things. I know when I look at my evo 4g now I feel that the resolution is just too big now and the entire phone just feels outdated. My personal opinion anyway.

Reactions: CarrieK
Upvote 0
I came from the EVO 4G and have to say I love the 3D. I actually use the 3D aspect much more than I thought I would. The main reason I got it was for the other specs (this thing is super fast and very responsive) but I have been experimenting with 3D photos and video and have really enjoyed it. My husband now has the 4G and other than having to charge it more than his Optimus he is very pleased. If you like the 4G better then keep it... it is still a great phone. As for me, I'm loving the 3D :D

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Just joined in the forums and would like to get some "advice". I am new to Sprint and started out last month with the EVO 4G. I love the phone but have the opportunity to upgrade within 30 days to the EVO3D. I'm not so much into the camera function, but have read a lot that makes me think the dual processor, Sense, etc. would be worth the "upgrade" since it would only be a $50.00 investment. Thoughts???? Tim

Upvote 0
Just joined in the forums and would like to get some "advice". I am new to Sprint and started out last month with the EVO 4G. I love the phone but have the opportunity to upgrade within 30 days to the EVO3D. I'm not so much into the camera function, but have read a lot that makes me think the dual processor, Sense, etc. would be worth the "upgrade" since it would only be a $50.00 investment. Thoughts???? Tim

Do it and you will not be dissappointed. The 4G was my favorite phone ever and I hardly miss it. The 3vo is just a better device IMO.

Upvote 0
I love my Evo 4G. I was pretty skeptical of the Evo 3D when I played with it in the stores, because I didn't have enough time to really get a feel for it.

I got my Evo 3D last night, and set it up mostly. After using it for a few hours, I can strongly endorse the Evo 3D.

I never thought my Evo 4G was slow, but wow the Evo 3D is very snappy. The instant I press an icon the app instantly starts up. The Evo 4G was very fast, but the 3D is break-neck speed fast. Simply amazing.

The higher resolution display is more apparent after using it for a while. Everything is sharper (albeit a bit smaller due to the higher pixel density).

Speaker is surprisingly loud, as I was suspicious of the tiny speaker opening in the back compared to my Evo 4G. People that I call say I sound crystal clear.

It's a great phone. I love it!

Upvote 0
I've been using my 3D for about 2 weeks now. I got it from Amazon Wireless.

My 4G has been in airplane mode for like all 14 days now on the same charge lol. I picked it up just to stream some music and I realized I kind of missed it.

The 3D is not such a huge jump I mean it is wayyy faster but I know my 4G will be much faster if I nerd out and really get into it and root it and all that.

My question - should i return my 3D within my 30 day window and hope that something even more awesome comes out soon (thus saving my upgrade eligibility I'm eligible every 12 mo). What is it like to return an amazon wireless phone after it's been used? easy?

OR should I sell on CL? I notice they are only fetching around $300-360 new. It has a screen protector and case plus an extra unused screen protector. When I first got my EVO 4G there were going for $400+ even used :/

I'm thinking about asking $350 firm...?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Upvote 0
A rooted and streamlined Evo cannot compare to a rooted and streamlined 3vo.

Using CF Bench, the only CPU-side benchmark that really makes things obvious, I'm able to just exceed a stock SGS2 when I overclock on demand to 1.5 GHz. Nothing you can do an Evo will put it in that territory (and some fans are overclocking the 3D to 1.7 or 2.0 GHz, when the individual phone allows it).

I hear the Sprint SGS2 is coming soon, but the rumored date keeps changing - Sprint is definitely getting a copy.

Most of my friends in Europe with the SGS2 _really_ speak highly of them, although one just couldn't find the dual core advantage for his particular uses, so he went and traded with a buddy for the Nexus S and is actually happier with the performance (available as the 4G model for us on Sprint) - so, everyone's mileage and preferences varies.

Upvote 0
A rooted and streamlined Evo cannot compare to a rooted and streamlined 3vo.

Using CF Bench, the only CPU-side benchmark that really makes things obvious, I'm able to just exceed a stock SGS2 when I overclock on demand to 1.5 GHz. Nothing you can do an Evo will put it in that territory (and some fans are overclocking the 3D to 1.7 or 2.0 GHz, when the individual phone allows it).

I hear the Sprint SGS2 is coming soon, but the rumored date keeps changing - Sprint is definitely getting a copy.

Most of my friends in Europe with the SGS2 _really_ speak highly of them, although one just couldn't find the dual core advantage for his particular uses, so he went and traded with a buddy for the Nexus S and is actually happier with the performance (available as the 4G model for us on Sprint) - so, everyone's mileage and preferences varies.

The hardware specs of the EVO3D vs the SGS2 are almost the same. However, I would recommend HTC over Samsung any day because of their superior software support. I have been waiting for some simple glitches to be patched on the Epic for more than a year now. Some comparable glitches have been patched within a couple weeks with the HTC EVO3D.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones