• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Should I worry that my phone is dieing?

A.Nonymous

Extreme Android User
Jun 7, 2010
I love my DInc. I'm afraid it might be dieing. This past week or so, it started randomly rebooting more than usual. I'm running a custom ROM so I expect a random reboot every now and then and it doesn't bother me. However, it started rebooting more frequently than normal. On Friday alone, it rebooted at least 2-3 times and all unexpectedly. I would be driving and have it sitting in my car dock playing music and it would reboot.

This morning it was in my breast pocket at church and randomly rebooted. When I picked it up, it wasn't over heated or anything. It wasn't even warm to the touch. When I got home, I found that the light for the flash had turned on and was staying on. I couldn't find a single app running that would cause the flash to stay on. I hadn't touched the camera. I ran the Flashlight app and was able to change the brightness of the light, but when I exited the app, the light stayed on. I had to reboot the phone to make it stop.

Should I be worried that my phone is dieing? Any thing in particular I should do besides make sure my phone is being backed up. I really can't afford to be without a phone. I also can't have the phone rebooting randomly 2-3 times a day or more. I need something reliable.

That is a little odd. Been awhile since you've wiped? Do you run a cache cleaner of any sort? Based on those questions you could maybe start with a cache/dalvik wipe and reload of your Rom. If that still fails, you may need a full wipe and reload and if THAT fails, you may need to restore apps only with no data or try to weed out a problem app systematically if you believe that could be the cause.

I guess if it were me I'd start with the least intrusive option and move up if necessary. All that assumes its not a hardware problem but you almost have to rule out all other options before making that dreaded final analysis.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones