• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Should I???

Freeze the battery to see if it will extend the life?? will it hurt it??

Freezing the battery will not magically make it last longer when in your phone.

Keeping a battery that is charged cool will certainly help keep it from self discharging when not in your phone.

If you use your phone that much and really want to extend your battery life, you'll need to get the extended battery.

Reactions: Sneakyd
Upvote 0
Freeze the battery to see if it will extend the life?? will it hurt it??
haahahahah! omg too funny... have you ever heard of thermal expansion and contraction? it probably would pop due to you heating it up or it would short out due to ice crystals melting or condensation forming on it cuz it starts off frozen. should you try it? yes! maybe you could cool it even more with dry ice and when your done make a dry ice bomb with a 2 liter bottle of soda.

Reactions: lostlaker24
Upvote 0
haahahahah! omg too funny... have you ever heard of thermal expansion and contraction? it probably would pop due to you heating it up or it would short out due to ice crystals melting or condensation forming on it cuz it starts off frozen. should you try it? yes! maybe you could cool it even more with dry ice and when your done make a dry ice bomb with a 2 liter bottle of soda.

Haha.

Also when I said keep a spare battery "cool" I meant just that. Not freezing, but cool.

In all reality as long as you don't keep your spare battery in say your car's glove box in the sun all day you'll be o.k.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones