• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sick of the battery topic BUT.......

my battery is absolutely horrible. I know there are battery issues but here are the stats my phone showed today... and I want to know if I can do anything to fix it....

"13 hours 16min since last unplugged...

34% cell standby
31% phone idle
15% android system
8% wifi
5% display
3% camera
2% calendar
2% android.process.acore (with a picture of a phone)"

I barely wrote/read any text messages, and I made 1 phone call which lasted about 3 minutes, and I don't turn the phone on often to check any of the messages or anything...

Reading the stats on the phone, i'm showing battery life: 5.41 hours talk time, 146 hours (6 days) standby time. obviously I think 6 days would never ever happen but I am sick of the phone needing to be charged every 12 hours.

Can anybody help me?

The battery usage stats are a bit misleading as they really mean nothing at all. None of this percentages pertain to the question of why your battery is draining. It is probably an app that is constantly syncing and not letting your phone sleep.

There are a few battery threads in the Tips and Tricks forum that contain some pretty good info, and I suggest you start there. After that, maybe you can provide a list of apps you have installed to see if there are any problematic ones. You can download Systempanel or Spare Parts just to monitor whats running as a service as well.

Upvote 0
woop, i'll read up on some tips and tricks and figure out if there is anything I can do. I have advanced task killer but that's it for system monitoring

howarmat, showing those stats, my point is I basically didn't use the phone at all, it just sat idle with barely any use, and I only get 13 hours out of battery life. that is normal?? I was in full reception areas the whole time so it's not like I was searching for signal at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones