• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Signal Issue/Change

inkdesigner

Mar 18, 2010
USA
I recently applied the update to go to Android 4.4.4 and have noticed what is possibly a signal issue. When at work now, I see the phone is more often than not now connecting to 3G, whereas before applying the update, it held a fairly steady, although somewhat weaker, 4G signal. I haven't performed a FDR, as everything else is working perfectly fine for me, with no lag or decrease in battery performance. Does anyone know if the VZW 4.4.4 update included a newer or tweaked radio file that may have changed signal/reception?

I recently applied the update to go to Android 4.4.4 and have noticed what is possibly a signal issue. When at work now, I see the phone is more often than not now connecting to 3G, whereas before applying the update, it held a fairly steady, although somewhat weaker, 4G signal. I haven't performed a FDR, as everything else is working perfectly fine for me, with no lag or decrease in battery performance. Does anyone know if the VZW 4.4.4 update included a newer or tweaked radio file that may have changed signal/reception?

The radio (baseband) is definitely newer. I suppose that it's possible that Verizon is now looking to make sure that an LTE bandwidth is good enough to be worth extra battery if the signal is weaker than a 3G signal, but I really don't know for sure and it's not mentioned in the changelog. It may also be something else, like a saturation of the LTE signal you've been using that's happened coincidentally with the update?

Upvote 0
Hey guys I ready need help.. I bought my mtk6592 diamond x1 a week ago.. Then earlier I did factory data reset on my phone, then suddenly invalid imei.. I already tried the engineering mode but it don't send.. Now on quite clueless.. Please help thanks in advance

Welcome to Android Forums.

To reach other users of your phone I moved your post to a new thread at ... http://androidforums.com/other-phones-android-non-android/861693-mtk6592-diamond-x1.html

Good luck with it.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones