• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help signal issue

plom3

May 6, 2011
Hi!

I bought my new incredible s just over a week ago from the carphone warehouse on talk mobile but I am having some issues! I took the phone back yesterday and got it replaced as it was not holding charge at all ( 7 hours with minimum usage) and also my signal had been playing up. One second the bars are full and the next completely empty without me even going anywhere! I thought perhaps the problem would go away when it was replaced yesterday, but it is still happening. I live in Manchester city centre and talk mobile is run on Vodafone so I don't understand? The back of the phone is on securely so I am stumped! Any suggestions on what may be causing this problem will be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

Hi everyone. I have now replaced the sim with a new Talk Mobile sim card, and am still having the same problem. So now I have replaced the phone and the sim card, and my network still keeps dropping. I have been told by Talk Mobile that I should have full signal in my area, so I really cannot understand what is making it drop all the time?

Is anybody else on Talk Mobile or Vodafone with the Incredible S? If you are, what is your experience so far?

Also, is there anything else which could be causing this problem?

I really appreciate any feedback.

Upvote 0
I'm on Vodafone just outside Bristol and I've found their 3G coverage to be rather spotty. Vodafone tends to have deadspots in very strange places, even when other networks have plenty of signal.
For instance, my house is supposedly in a 'very good' 3G area, yet I get two bars of 3G if I hold my phone high above my head upstairs, and downstairs it's 2 bars of GPRS, and signal frequently drops out. In other words, those coverage maps don't take obstructions into account (trees, building materials, etc). I think it's a network issue rather than your device, but try your SIM in another handset just to be sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones