• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Signal loss after Android update

• Thread starter Asus Zenfone Selfie
  • Start date
Whenever you have a major update on an Android device I'd recommend at the minimum to boot into recovery and clear the system cache. A full factory reset would be better to clear out some of the old files that might be causing the problems.

Make sure you backup your important data first.

Upvote 0
Although it certainly is possible that your radio firmware got updated along with the Android upgrade, I'd be very surprised that you'd be seeing a reduced signal loss as a result of that.

Radio firmware upgrades should be (emphasis on "should") transparent and would normally just be accounting for minor bugs / tweaks...

The Signal Strength you see in Settings -> About phone is likely your best indicator as to how strong a signal your device is seeing (the higher the "dBm" number, the "worse" your signal is).

Upvote 0
I see, I'll try cleaning the cache when I get home, thank you. The thing is, after rebooting the issue goes aways, that's the weird part. First I thought it might be the sim card, but with that changed the issue still appeared, so it's the phone in cahoots with the new Android update. I'll come back tomorrow if the issue hasn't been fixed with the cache cleaning, thank you guys.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones