• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Silence everything but key press moise

How have you tried to do this so far?

On my device, the keyboard sound setting is under Settings->Language and keyboard while notifications are under Sound or via the specific app. As long as the Language and keyboard setting isn't changed or the device isn't placed into Silent mode I don't see why it shouldn't be possible.

Upvote 0
Well what i do at the moment is have key clicks turned on (which works when sound is turned on) but when I put the phone into silent it turns off (which I understand - it is silent after all!)

What I want to do is have the phone in silent (currently done through the HTC profile widget) but still have the key click noise.

Actually having thought about it what I probably need to do is create a separate "profile" that has the settings that I want.

Is that possible? Ideally I would want a widget that allowed me to swap between profiles in the same way as the HTC Profiles widget.

Thanks for your help.

Matt

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones