• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Simple car mount tips.

edgeman4

Jul 18, 2010
I noticed a lot of complaints on the car mount threads that the USB uses a nice pass through but you still have to connect the audio jack. Well if you look on the back of the mount near where the audio jack would normally connect, there is a little channel that you can slip the audio cord into to hold it there. It's not a pass through, but it works well to keep everything close together and tidy, and leaves it close for quick and easy connection.

My second tip is more of a general tip, but I found it out using the car mount. When you adjust the brightness settings on the phone WHILE it is plugged in, it will remember the settings and switch to that brightness whenever you plug your phone in. When you unplug it reverts back to the brightness it was at before you plugged in. This is awesome for the car mount because the phone is hard to see in direct sunlight without the brightness turned way up. So while it is mounted in your car change your brightness settings to the max, and it will switch to that when you plug it into your car (or plug it in to charge anywhere).

Of course I am assuming you have the phone plugged into the car adapter when you mount it. If not this won't work because it isn't a function of the car mount itself, just of charging.

Reactions: badchevy

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones