• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Simple question...

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 sph-d710 for Boost Mobile. A few weeks ago I attempted to put an international rom onto it, and it softbricked my device. I took it to someone to get it fixed and he seemed very "seedy"... I was wondering if it's possible for him to put codes in there to make the phone destruct, or for him to read any text messages, or anything to do with spying. Thanks!

Tbh its gona be very hard to know. You could factory reset to make sure theres nothing basic there but the phone was rooted so there could be something in /system and a reset doesnt touch that.
Best way to be sure that the phone is clean is to factory reset then flash or reflash a rom so that it wipes and replaces the /system partition :thumbup:

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0
Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 sph-d710 for Boost Mobile. A few weeks ago I attempted to put an international rom onto it, and it softbricked my device. I took it to someone to get it fixed and he seemed very "seedy"... I was wondering if it's possible for him to put codes in there to make the phone destruct, or for him to read any text messages, or anything to do with spying. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. First thing, the international S2 is not the same device. There multiple phones called a Galaxy S2, but they have different hardware. Only flash ROMs means for the SPH-D710 version of the S2, also known as the Epic 4g Touch (this is the section for it on XDA),

If you are uncertain of the trustworthiness of the person you had work on your phone, then I recommend re flashing the Stock ROM. This is available from the Repository, and it easily installed through download mode via connection to your PC. Check my post on the thread link below and the 2 links in it will lead you to the ROM and instructions for installing it. (the links are the blue text)

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...root/780236-rooting-question.html#post6197580

Reactions: Doc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones