• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Since Oreo update notification sound plays more times but no notification is shown

ballalevi

Lurker
Mar 18, 2018
Hi Guys,

Two days ago my Galaxy S8 downloaded the new software update for Oreo, and I have installed it. Since then there are many times that my phone is playing the notification sound several times after another but there is no notification shown, and it is very annoying. There are times when the notification sound is played 6-8 times and nothing is in the notification area. Does anybody having the same problem? Is this an Oreo bug? Can it be solved somehow?

Hi Guys,

Two days ago my Galaxy S8 downloaded the new software update for Oreo, and I have installed it. Since then there are many times that my phone is playing the notification sound several times after another but there is no notification shown, and it is very annoying. There are times when the notification sound is played 6-8 times and nothing is in the notification area. Does anybody having the same problem? Is this an Oreo bug? Can it be solved somehow?
No Oreo for me yet. What did you do (i.e. what should I do) to check for it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones