• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Skinomi Carbon Fiber Skin

Had my skin on for a week and so far no problems. When I first got the skin, part of the skin wasn't even attach to the paper that it was shipped on. I thought, all Sh*t, the glue dried up, and it won't stick to the phone. BUT when I put the sticky part of the skin on the phone, then I got the hair dryer going. heated the skin up a little, and now I'm a happy camper

Reactions: treyweez11
Upvote 0
Had my skin on for a week and so far no problems. When I first got the skin, part of the skin wasn't even attach to the paper that it was shipped on. I thought, all Sh*t, the glue dried up, and it won't stick to the phone. BUT when I put the sticky part of the skin on the phone, then I got the hair dryer going. heated the skin up a little, and now I'm a happy camper

Thats awesome, hey are you able to take pictures of it? I would love to see it. =) also, you got the skinomi one right?

Upvote 0
Yep, got the skinomi, took forever to get. The carbon skin is thicker than the clear front. I really like the skin and the phone :)

Attachments

• 12-01-11_0838.jpg
    12-01-11_0838.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: Nizz and treyweez11
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
@ronk734. I am new to this whole skinomi thing. So does this replace having to buy a case? How durable is it? I am interested in purchasing the silver one. Thanks for the picture too!

HEll no! If you drop your phone a lot you need a case. It's not shock proof its really just scratch proof for the screen and the housing. If you buy a case there is no need to get this. But you still need a screen protector. Skinomi is pretty good. i had it on my Zune HD for months......before i lost it.

Reactions: Table83 and Nizz
Upvote 0
I settled on this one for my warp, but before doing so I researched the hell out of it. In theory, it does provide basic protection for the device, however, I'm not absolutely positive how much protection it provides if it's dropped. I have a hard shell case for the PoS iPhone I have and it's provided fairly effective protection against drops and the occasional throwing, but it usually pops off. From what I've seen of the product for the warp, it is pretty much die (laser) cut and has all the the necessary orifices for the battery, camera, speaker, charger/usb tether, etc. And since it appears to be carbon fiber, it should do a reasonably good job of absorbing small shocks, bumps and what not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones