1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Skullcandy inline mic stopped working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ahardman, Apr 30, 2012.

1. ahardman

ahardman Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2012
    I have skullcandy headphones with an inline mic that used to work perfectly on my triumph (v2.2.2), but now the mic has stopped working. The skullcandy buttons still control the music player fine though. Any thoughts? I've seen other's post they had to restore the phone to factory settings, which I'd rather not do! I only use the mic on occasional business trips so it's been awhile since I used it last. I'm also pretty sure I rooted the phone since I last used the mic so I'm wondering if that played a part?

Advertisement

2. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    Male
    Tier 2 Tech Support @ At&t
    Spokane Valley, Washington
    can you test your Skullcandys on another device? It is possible that the in-line mic was somehow damaged. If your mic is the thing not working just fill out a claims form on Skullcandy.com and you should be able to get a new pair for free through warranty.

3. Verja

Verja Member
    None

Mar 9, 2011
    Dinwiddie VA
    None of my buttons work my CM9. Real shame to as having the mic and button controls would be perfect for my job.

4. ahardman

ahardman Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2012
    marc12868: I tried it out on my wife's old iPhone and it worked perfectly. Seems like I may just need to to factory reset my phone if I want to get this to work again :mad:

5. thebryceee

thebryceee Android Expert
    None

Feb 28, 2012
    Male
    Didn't work on my MT, only the music control did.

On my Evo V, the inline mic works but when I double click it to change tracks, it calls my vm?

These are the ones I have

[​IMG]

6. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert
    None

Apr 3, 2012
    Male
    General Contractor
    Clifton Heights, PA (Just Outside Philadelphia)
    altho i dont have these i can see the buttons not working correctly, the mic i would think would work tho, and the fact it was working and now isnt is just stranger lol

the buttons as i see it just send a signal or command to the phone which in my opinion like a pc if it isnt set or if it doesnt know what the command means it probly takes its best guess lol

like with a pc, if you have a keyboard with special keys on it that will directly open games or whatever, if the pc doesnt have the drivers or software to know what those keys are for they either dont function or they "take a guess" which can result in thing opening that you didnt think would

and altho i know our phones and pc's are very different thats the best way i can put it lol

cause i know from personal experience, not with the phone or these exact headphones, but i had a portable cd player before that had the inline vol and track control and they would only work with certain portable cd players, on others only the volume would work