• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Skullcandy inline mic stopped working

ahardman

Lurker
Apr 30, 2012
I have skullcandy headphones with an inline mic that used to work perfectly on my triumph (v2.2.2), but now the mic has stopped working. The skullcandy buttons still control the music player fine though. Any thoughts? I've seen other's post they had to restore the phone to factory settings, which I'd rather not do! I only use the mic on occasional business trips so it's been awhile since I used it last. I'm also pretty sure I rooted the phone since I last used the mic so I'm wondering if that played a part?

Didn't work on my MT, only the music control did.

On my Evo V, the inline mic works but when I double click it to change tracks, it calls my vm?

These are the ones I have

4257422a-a3e5-cb8c.jpg

Upvote 0
altho i dont have these i can see the buttons not working correctly, the mic i would think would work tho, and the fact it was working and now isnt is just stranger lol

the buttons as i see it just send a signal or command to the phone which in my opinion like a pc if it isnt set or if it doesnt know what the command means it probly takes its best guess lol

like with a pc, if you have a keyboard with special keys on it that will directly open games or whatever, if the pc doesnt have the drivers or software to know what those keys are for they either dont function or they "take a guess" which can result in thing opening that you didnt think would

and altho i know our phones and pc's are very different thats the best way i can put it lol

cause i know from personal experience, not with the phone or these exact headphones, but i had a portable cd player before that had the inline vol and track control and they would only work with certain portable cd players, on others only the volume would work

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones