• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sky Go Video Out

Before you rush out and buy an adapter, Sky have disabled the HDMI out on Sky Go to keep the content makers sweet. This means that you can't watch it on your TV :mad: . See the answer to the second question on this Sky FAQ.

Sky Help and Support | Sky Go on Android

Hi Elwood

Thanks for that. :)

Ordered a lead earlier today on Amazon and managed to cancel it before it was added to the bag full of non used leads! :eek:

Going to have to watch $ky on the laptop now rather than on the tv in the motorhome.

Thanks

Upvote 0
No worries ;)

Unfortunately Sky Go stopped working completely on my GS2 when it got the ICS update. Now if they would just get it working on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 .....

Hi Elwood

You are my saviour, lol

I am literally installing ICS on my SG2 as we speak through Kies.

Is the ICS upgrade worthwhile or do I need $ky Go, that is the question?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I will leave that up to you. There are plenty of threads on the benefits of ICS or otherwise. I guess it depends how much you use the Sky Go.

The same Sky help page I mentioned earlier has a bit on ICS. It says the hope to release Sky Go for ICS "as soon as possible once it has been rigorously tested". That could mean anything really :thinking:

Glad to have helped :)

Upvote 0
for those with ICS you could give this test version a try
xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP] Sky Go for Android (UK ONLY)

i tried it on mine, it looked like it was going to work but didnt stream, just sat at 0/100 on the loading screen, but i think it works with some ICS roms, seen people saying it worked fine for them.

doesnt help the HDMI output issue though i dont think

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones