• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Skyrocket has battery meter issue... i.e. stuck at 100%

Last night the battery indicator showed full until the phone shut down because in fact the battery was exhausted. Thought I had bricked it until it came to life after a short (5 min) charge.
Is this typical for the indicators on screen top (not accurate state indicators)? I have used both Samsung supplied charger/cable, Apple/no name cable, and car charger from BestBuy.
Read more on the topic: I found the post regarding shorting pins 2&3 interesting but haven't digested completely.
I find this quite bizarre for a new and expensive product.

Upvote 0
High amp (>2 amp) chargers work great...

On amazon its called this

• Xentris 2-Amp Micro-USB Travel Charger - Retail Packaging - Black
  • Ultra Compact High Output Dual USB Car Charger - 2.1A

A lot of my chargers laying around are .5 amp and my phone slowly drains down even while plugged into those. I saw a 3.1 amp car charger on amazon but I don't have one yet so I cant recommend that...yet.

Upvote 0
I ordered a brand new OEM Samsung battery from Amazon, thinking that might help this issue. It didn't. Every time I charge the phone to 100%, the battery meter sticks on 100% until I restart the phone. This has to be a software issue I believe. I'm hoping that the soon coming (please, soon) ice cream sandwich update will fix this.

Also, I do charge using USB/PC with the cable that came with the phone, and it still produces the issue.

Upvote 0
I have had the original batter and three aftermarket batteries charging now since January. I use a base that I bought on ebay that has a dock and a battery dock. I also used a wall mount battery charger. I have any NO problem until 2 days ago when I flew into Florida with a brand new ipad 3 and started hooking my 4 different usb devices up to charger. One of my connections was an iphone adapter (ipad 3) hooked to an original samsang cord. I can't tell you if it was the one that came with my Skyrocket or one of my three Samsung Captivates in the family. Well, I all the sudden had 100% for a good part of the day and was excited only to realize a bit later that the phone died. I then took multiple battery charging configurations and was able to get rid of it on some batteries. Well, it came back. I guess the most important thing is that I had never been in an LTE zone before and I have never had an iPad charger connected before. SO........it is one of the two of them and I am guessing it was the iphone charger. The odd part is that it is intermittent, but I have not done any testing what cords charging and the like to see if I could narrow it down. Stay tuned, I will let everyone know what I find out when I am back out of the LTE area and can play with the chargers and cords.

Upvote 0
hey all, just purchased a SGS2 t989 yesterday. Phone worked awesome till i used aftermarket my usb charger. Ive been upp all night trying to figure what the heck is wrong with the phone till i came across this thread. Here are my observations:

1-Usb charger in phone > screen acts like its possessed!! starts choosing icons dialing...etc

2-USB phone to comp: like nothing is there!

3-I have an additional 2500mA battery > no avail.

4-Ive tried soft, hard, reset, battery pulls.....etc

a-do i have a lemon?
b-will rooting help?

thanks.

Upvote 0
My Samsung Skyrocket (AT&T) just started having this problem, within the last week, after working fine for 3+ months. Now the built-in battery level always (? mostly, anyway) shows 100%, and it says "charged" when I plug it in. As others have noted, re-booting fixes it for a while.

I usually leave it plugged in overnight. I have only charged it from the supplied charger & cable, and incidentally from the USB port on my laptop (which I'd done several times over several weeks before the problem started). No iPhone etc. chargers, and the charging pattern hadn't changed when the problem started.

The only two apps I'd downloaded recently (I think around the time the problem began) were Draw Free and Google Earth.

I'm now trying the free version of Battery Indicator to see if it also shows the problem.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem. I noticed it after I installed Juice Defender - battery was at 100% after a charge and I was like "wow this JD thing is really amazing" and then all of a sudden phone was dead. Plugged it in and turned out JD not so awesome after all. :--)

I installed a third party battery meter, same issue - so it's not the pre-installed app that's the problem.

Others that have this problem - I am wondering if installing JD caused the issue. Any thoughts?

I installed juice defender and it works just fine, it actually makes my phone battery last longer (like 4hours more)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones