• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

skyrocket now in stores for $149

realized

Oct 18, 2011
as you guys may or may not know, AT&T never sold the SGS2 in stores...

today skyrocket was released and ATT Corp stores have it, for $149, picking mine up now.. just reserved it.. see ya in a few hr =)

they said the "sale" was for only a few select areas.... im in southern california (OC)

but im sure all att stores from LA to SD will have it for $149

Upvote 0
dont know where the article is but if i can get to a scanner today (or tomorrow) i'll scan my receipt (minus private stuff) and you can try to print it out for a pricematch..

it was almost $200 out the door after tax (tax on full price), but the phone itself was $149

Thanks Realized. If I can get someone to price match this at $150 that would be awesome. I went to Best Buy today and they didn't have it. I know the corporate store will have it, but I will wait until I can get it for $150 or $200.

Upvote 0
Thanks Realized. If I can get someone to price match this at $150 that would be awesome. I went to Best Buy today and they didn't have it. I know the corporate store will have it, but I will wait until I can get it for $150 or $200.
Move to New Jersey .... it's $149 in all the ATT stores as well as online from ATT. :D At least it was today, never know what tomorrow will bring.

Upvote 0
Got mine for $150, South of Houston. Returned the GS2 for it. So far it seems a little more refined than S2, but not by much. We will see how it goes today. I got my S2 at Radio Shack and they tried to talk me out of returning it, told me the Skyrocket was a lot slower and processor was terrible. I just smiled and went to my corporate AT&T store and got the Skyrocket.

Wade

Upvote 0
In my area (DFW) it's $249.99, I called AT&T to complain about the fact that for the same product they have different prices depending where you buy it. After 45 min on the phone and asking to talk to a manager, I got my Skyrocket for $149.99. Just be nice and patient.

What did you say to convince them? I think its kinda crappy that they have it for $100 off in random spots (I could deal with ~$25 off, but $100??).

Any tips would be appreciated, because I'd love to buy it direct instead of having to deal with Best Buy or such....

Upvote 0
I went to AT&T corporate store tonight and the manager just flat out refused to give me the price although I found out one of the store employees got it for that price.

WTF gives there. So now gotta figure out what to do next. Do I take a screen shot of AT&T website and take into Best Buy?

Any ideas would be helpful.

Upvote 0
After being denied by the AT&T store manager, I took a different route. I emailed customer support expressing my desire to get the Skyrocket for the $149.99.

I received an email back after 24hrs saying they didn't know of any deal or special blah blah blah for the $149.99 price point.

I replied back and told them one of the zip codes they could find it at that price. I also said I was not very happy and was looking to remove this number from our family plan.

I received an email back from another lady telling me she just put a credit on our account of $120.00 to cover the difference so I could buy the Skyrocket for $249.99 but having the $120.00 credit would essentially mean I am paying $129.99.

So I jumped for joy and headed to best buy. Upon arriving I remembered Walmart selling it for $199.99 so I asked the Best Buy Mobile manager if they will price match and of course they did.

So I got my Skyrocket for 199.99 minus the $120.00 credit so I ended up paying $79.99 for the phone. I think it is well worth it.

I have the phone in my hands and love it. Also got the $30.00 buy back program with some of the money I saved.

It took 2 emails to customer support and some quick thinking on my part for BB to price match Wal-mart to get this phone for an outstanding price.

Upvote 0
Is the discount on the Skyrocket (for example, I live in Dallas where it lists at $249, but it lists for $149 in San Antonio and Austin, both of which locations I will be in within the next couple of weeks) based on where you buy it or where your bill is set up?

In other words, if I wait until I go to Austin around Christmas could I get it for $149 (provided it still lists for that at that time) even though my account is registered in Dallas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones