1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Slow sms/calling?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xthedakmanx, Jun 10, 2012.

1. xthedakmanx

xthedakmanx Android Expert

I've noticed that this phone sometimes has realllllly bad response time regarding texting. For example, today I sent myself a text.... Didn't get it back for 5 minutes.

Sometimes I'll get like, 6 texts in a row from a bunch of people, some saying that they texted me a long time ago and I didn't reply, but I would just be getting the messages

Also, sometimes when I try to make an outbound call, it'll seem like it's trying to connect but nothing happens.... Then after a bit it says something about signal? (even though I have full bars)

anyone else having these issues? And if so, do you know know any any ways to fix it? I've called support, reset my phone, etc etc etc

Advertisement

2. kadams161

kadams161 Newbie

I do too Idk why

3. xthedakmanx

xthedakmanx Android Expert

So its not just me then? I was about to take my phone back and get it replaced

4. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

That's a Virgin Mobile issue. It happened on the Triumph and OV fairly regularly for me.

5. hemplacrosse4

hemplacrosse4 Well-Known Member

I had the same exact problem the other day

6. DAN040790

DAN040790 Member

It happens to me every day. For me, it permenent until I reboot my phone. It's pretty annoying. I'm not sure if it's the network or just the way the phone is though. Not sure if I should try to return or not. Sprint has a tower located right near my house so it has nothing to do with signal strength. My Optimus V and my Triumph never would do that.

7. Cheno1115

Cheno1115 Member

He's right. That is a network based issue.

I have a similar issue: Even with my old Samsung Intercept, I could always send picture MMS', but I would always lag when receiving them. I dont mean like 5 minutes lag, I would get them 5 DAYS later.
    It would always say "Failed to download MMS" so I would go on with my life and about 5 days later I would have them.
    That's network based. At least in my area. It's frustrating. But I'll live.

Tags: