• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slow to receive new Gmails?

That is what I have. Then on next page I see the sync books, sync contacts, and sync Gmail. All these are checked. What was the push/fetch mentioned in previous post? Will have to test here a bit. Thanks Ken
Did test mail and it came in shortly. Phone Gmail app shows 1 new inbox. But only way I can view it is to click on all mail box. Is that normal? Little inbox (1) at top of screen shows up. When I click on it the screen shows "no conversations" Large inbox on main screen says "sync 4 days" under it.

Upvote 0
That is what I have. Then on next page I see the sync books, sync contacts, and sync Gmail. All these are checked. What was the push/fetch mentioned in previous post? Will have to test here a bit. Thanks Ken

Is Auto-sync check marked under settings->accounts & sync?

If so, try restarting your phone (hold down power button). Then open gmail and send yourself a gmail.

Don't use applications like task killer, I think gmail needs to run in the background for this to work.

Upvote 0
if that doesn't work, the last thing I would try is from your gmail application's inbox, click Menu -> Accounts -> Menu -> Account Settings -> Check mark background data and auto sync -> then click "Google" -> and make sure Sync Gmail is check marked.

I'm assuming this is for an Inspire.

I was having this problem and this fixed it for me. Thank yoU!

Upvote 0
I did what ramyhin said as well, and it still takes over 10min for my phone to receive an email....

Usually I don't care if I get my emails right away or not, but fantasy baseball season is coming up, and I like to get instant notifications if someone in my big money league dropped a guy so I can have the earliest opportunity to pick said player up.

I am going to try the gmail app and go form there....

Edit: ok, the gmail app is the same one that comes with the phone, so that's obviously not going to work either...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones