• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Smaller Droid pix please

bcddroid

Nov 27, 2009
Jax, FLA
Ok the answer may be on the forums somewhere, but I did a quick search and didn't find it on my second try.

Ok, while operating the camera one setting option says "picture size" and give option for 5, 3, and 2M pixels. Now I've taken gargantuan 5M pixel pics before and i hate resizing them on the computer. 2M pixel= 1600 x 1200 resolution!!!
Is there anyway to make regular email size pics?

the app 'PicSay' allows you to import the pics from your droid camera(sd card) to a smaller size. you can then edit, crop, add text, and some other basic editing... then export directly to gmail app, sd card, and a few other places. i use the free version and it works great. resizing is the first option when you select a file for editing, so take pictures in 5m if you like.

Upvote 0
Ok the answer may be on the forums somewhere, but I did a quick search and didn't find it on my second try.

Ok, while operating the camera one setting option says "picture size" and give option for 5, 3, and 2M pixels. Now I've taken gargantuan 5M pixel pics before and i hate resizing them on the computer. 2M pixel= 1600 x 1200 resolution!!!
Is there anyway to make regular email size pics?

Yes. When in camera mode hit the menu button. The one with the 4 lines on the bottom, then settings then picture size. There is also a pull out menu on the opposite side of the camera/video toggle

Upvote 0
Yes. When in camera mode hit the menu button. The one with the 4 lines on the bottom, then settings then picture size. There is also a pull out menu on the opposite side of the camera/video toggle

i think he is saying that even the 2mp setting is a bit big for what he wants.

bcddroid said:
2M pixel= 1600 x 1200 resolution!!!
Is there anyway to make regular email size pics?""

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones