• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Smart phone from verizon ideas please

I have today and tomorrow to take advantage of an upgrade (from dumb phone) and get $100 certificate at Verizon

I do not need a smart phone as I am mostly voice guy and no surfing on a micro screen phone

My wife has a dumb phone and a Zoom and WiFi hot spot on our family plan

We rarely travel together for business

I just got the Asus Transformer and would like to link to internet when on business as most WiFi in hotels is terrible throughput vs 3g/4g

OK I need to know what Verizon smart phone is most likely to provide infrastructure internet access (I see TF does not like ad hoc p2p access point architecture)

Not to be thick or argumentative but in the Asus forum ( I just got first android device so trying to soak up as much info as possible) there are more that a few folks who can not get the transformer to connect or tether to some android based phones because of ad hoc access method (some phones it seems were only intended to do wifi instead of bluetooth peer to peer for file share to lap top, data storage or printing and not internet access)

Upvote 0
Sorry chanchan05 too new to know the answer... down in the Asus transformer forum are a lot of folks trying to use smart phone as hot spot and having trouble

I just want to buy a smart phone to act as a hot spot for this android 3.2 pad and not interested in the family having 2 of the mobile MiFi devices

Leaning toward the Samsung Droid Charge but would like to know if wifi pads can connect through it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones