• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Smartphone & not smart me!

I'm 65 and a self-employed consultant (no, not the high paid kind). I've just switched from a Nokia Smartphone to the Precedent. The Nokia with the Symbian OS was complicated but I finally got it to work good enough for me. The lack of a touch screen was a PIA along with the outdated OS.

I'm finding that Android is more complicated than I assumed. As a result, I've spent a lot of time researching on this forum. Good info.

I like my starter Android, but moving to Google calendar/contacts and trying to get my phone and computer calendar/contacts to sync and STAY synced is a challenge. And, I only have one calendar that I use for both business and personal use. Frankly, for me, the best Personal Information Manager (PIM) was the Palm. I wish some developer would create a simple, user friendly, PIM like the Palm for Android and Windows. I've tried several PIMs including MS Outlook and, compared to the Palm, they all suck for various reasons. (Or maybe I've just entered old fuddy duddyness :eek: )

I'm often meeting clients in places without Wifi access and want my calendar & contacts to be immediately accessible on my computer hard drive. Also, there are times when meeting with clients, it would be more helpful to the client if I had Wifi or other Internet access. Tethering the Nokia with a USB cable was a snap. Not so, with the Android. Maybe, after I root my Precedent and figure out how to tether it to my computer, I'll be more comfortable.

At any rate, I'm grateful for this forum and talented posters :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones