• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS force closing

The SMS keeps force closing on me on my Droid 41/09. Sometimes two or three times a day. When it force closes, it deletes all threads. It even does it when there is only one thread with a few messages in it. I haven't noticed anything specific that causes the force close to happen, it just happens when it wants to. I removed all downlaoded apps and the problem persists. I am using the default messaging app. Is anyone else experiencing this and has anyone found a solution? I absolutely love this phone and it is my first Android device. I would hate to swap it for another Droid if it was something simple.

The SMS keeps force closing on me on my Droid 41/09. Sometimes two or three times a day. When it force closes, it deletes all threads. It even does it when there is only one thread with a few messages in it. I haven't noticed anything specific that causes the force close to happen, it just happens when it wants to. I removed all downlaoded apps and the problem persists. I am using the default messaging app. Is anyone else experiencing this and has anyone found a solution? I absolutely love this phone and it is my first Android device. I would hate to swap it for another Droid if it was something simple.
I was not having this issue using the default SMS application however once I downloaded Handcent SMS I get a forceclose every now and then no matter which SMS program I use.
If you have not downloaded any other SMS program see if you have other Apps that may cause an issue??? other then that you may want to get it checked by Verizon specifically if you can get it to reproduce at will.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones