• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS LED Nofitication Issue

Bullitt_McQueen

May 5, 2010
Hi All,

I am now the proud owner of a brand new XE and have a query regarding the notification LED.

I'm unsure as to whether it is an issue with GOSMS but sometimes, the LED will continue to flash for a long time after I have read a new message, replied and turned off my screen. Other times it will flash for a few minutes and then just give up.

I've emailed GOSMS but have had no reply as yet so thought I'd ask if anyone else, after upgrading to 4.0.3, have had any issues with their LEDs with other programs or GOSMS?

Cheers guys,

I've just learnt to live with it to be honest.

I have found a workaround though:

If the LED continues to flash after having replied via the pop up, go into any conversation thread, click in the reply text box and wait until your keyboard pops up (I'm using SwiftKey btw), then long press on any conversation in the thread to bring up the message options list. Voila. The LED stops flashing. Hopefully. For me it does anyway...

Post back with your findings, mate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones