• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS / Local Profile / Google Contact

kcella

Lurker
Jun 12, 2013
I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S4. When in the standard Text Messaging application, any message send by me show up using a local profile called "ME" which has no photo. I want it to link to my Google contact I setup for my information as "Me". Since the local profile is a special device only contact, I cannot use the join option. Any thoughts?

SMS/MMS don't normally have a photo and are actually link more to your phone number unless your using Google voice. I took it the me was like a I'd bracelet, say the phone got lost.

When the message recipient gets the message it does not say me. It says your phone number. The recipient would need to have your contact info in his phone and maybe then would your name and photo show up if they included it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones