• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS/MMS Screen lag fix?

Glad I'm not the only one.
I sent my buds a few small, 10 second videos the other night while out on the town.
(Hoochies dancing, etc. and NO don't request I send them to you...lol).
My SMS/Texting slowed to a crawl, to the point I restarted my phone a few times.
I deleted the messages/threads with the videos and it's back to smoking fast.

I think I'll call Verizon sometime this week to report the bug. Nothing is going to get fixed long term unless we let them know!

Upvote 0
Doesn’t look like anyone has a solid answer to this. It makes me feel better I’m not the only one experiencing the issue though. Last night I was opening a SMS and it started to crawl. As I was typing the reply, and I’m not a fast typer, the delay caused the words to be almost 2 words behind my typing. I finally re-started and it worked fine.

This is my major issue with this phone. If this can get fixed I will be pretty content with everything.

Upvote 0
I have this problem right now, tried to SMS a couple of photos yesterday, and to post a couple of photos to Facebook. The photos were "too large" to send, and the phone automatically resized it, and I had a failure when I sent the photos to Facebook. Since then my messaging has started to crawl. Anyone found a fix yet? Looks like this happens when we try to send photos. Did not have this problem when I had the Palm Pre.:(

Upvote 0
It is a problem with the message store on the phone, so all SMS apps will have the same problem. The problem is related to having a large number of messages. I had about 4000 total and any messaging app was unable due to force closes and slowdowns. I emailed HTC and they said that they don't support a large number of messages, and only support up to a few hundred. My OG Droid had no problem with 5000 messages, and this one freezes at just a couple thousand.

Upvote 0
I noticed the more conversations and more texts/pics the more lag I get with my SMS programs. I use the default HTC text program, and do notice it. When I delete all or most of my messages, it seems snappy again. I limited my conversations to 200, then to auto delete after that...maybe I should change it to even lower than that?

I do notice it, but so far it hasn't been enough to cause a problem for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones