1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SMS not sending to just one number?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ekring67, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Ekring67

Ekring67 Well-Known Member

I posted this question in the ROM section of my ROM but it doesnt seem to be very active so I apologize for the double post, but....

First time I have experienced this last week one contact that i tried to send a text msg to encountered an error. When hitting send the messege just stays on the text field and will not send.

Here is what I do know:
    I can send texts to other people no problems, I have deleted and reentered the contact info and still same issue, I can use another text program to send a messege and it will send. I can receive texts from the number that I cannot send it to. If I include a picture (MMS) it will go thru. I have removed the battery and rebooted, no change.

I am using this ROM for about a year and have had no issues untuil now.

Anyone have suggestions as to remedy this?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

its all good.

have you tried and wipe dalvik cache and cache? usually fixes most small issues like these.

Mikestony likes this.
  3. Ekring67

I did but it didnt help. This is really weird. Maybe I should just reinstall the apk? but I don't have a copy of the apk from this rom

4. ocnbrze

well do you have the rom.zip? if so you can just wipe dalvik cache and cache and re-flash the rom. this will not erase data so your settings will be fine.

5. Ekring67

I do and I will. I will update the results soon

6. Ekring67

Well, i did and still not working right. Why will it work with all other numbers but not this one?

7. ocnbrze

hmmm maybe it is on their end? maybe try and delete the contact and re-enter it.

8. Ekring67

Already tried that. If it was on their end would they still be to get incoming texts from other numbers? And why can i still be able to send mms?

9. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

What ROM are you using? Also, are you using the stock messaging app or a third party messaging app (ex. GO SMS, Handcent, etc)

10. Ekring67

I am using MIK 3D RC and the stock app will not send sms msgs to just ONE number in my contacts, all other numbers are fine. Third party apps will also allow the msg to send without issue.

Right now Im using Chomp SMS, but not really happy about having to solve my problem with a band-aid solution.

11. ocnbrze

I never really liked stock messenger anyways. I always use gosms

tube517 likes this.
  12. Ekring67

You got any idea about why this has happened all of a sudden? No new apps that could have caused it to happen.

13. ocnbrze

not a clue...LOL
    i mean it is only that one number. and the other sms apps work for that number, just not on stock. you have tried wiping dalvik cache and cache as well as re-flashing the rom.

curious have you tried other roms yet? try making a nandroid backup of your current rom and try flashing something else and see if the issue carries over.

other then that i'm have no clue what is going on.

Mikestony likes this.
  14. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Don't know why it would do that with one number. Mik3D is an old ROM. Did you check out the mikmik forums to see if there were any similar issues?

Also, just curious, is the number listed in your contacts as xxx-xxx-xxxx or 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx ? Do you know if the number is to an iPhone?

Do you use any task killing apps?

Just trying to think outside the box.

Mikestony likes this.
  15. Ekring67

Its not an iphone, its another evo. I have tried both with 1 and without, as well as with the area code and without, as well as putting - between the parts of the number. I do use a task killer but have had it long before this started happening.

16. brianvillage5

brianvillage5 Well-Known Member

Have you tried clearing data and cache on your messaging app in settings>applications>manage applications? You could also use titanium backup to backup the app, then uninstall and reinstall app only and see if that helps at all.... I say this because reflashing the rom without wiping data likely wouldn't make much of a change in a system problem, clearing data from the app will reset it to how it was before it started acting up. But it also may not hell at all, just trying to help out ;?

ocnbrze, tube517 and Mikestony like this.
  17. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Uninstall the task killer. Whether it affects this issue or not, it's really unnecessary and causes more issues than it tries to solve.

ocnbrze likes this.
  18. Ekring67

Well......no difference. I did all that. It's not enough of a pain in my Azz to make me complete wipe and reflash, but it still bugs me...

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews