• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SMS notification probs

Sorry to slightly hijack this thread but have a wee SMS problem myself. Before i rooted when i sent a text message the thread showed a photo of the recipient and a photo of myself, now the recipient's photo is there but where mine should be os just a grey box saying "me" and it looks pants.
Any ideas chaps?

Upvote 0
Is it worth the download? Normally MIUI roms are swift and sleek but because of this and few other bugs have moved to CM7

For me, and I've used both, I found Cm7 wifi to be poor around my house so swapped back and forth between the two. The latest miui is going very well for me at present so it wouldn't hurry to give it a try and the good thing is now you're rooted if you don't like it you can just change back :)

Upvote 0
Sorry to slightly hijack this thread but have a wee SMS problem myself. Before i rooted when i sent a text message the thread showed a photo of the recipient and a photo of myself, now the recipient's photo is there but where mine should be os just a grey box saying "me" and it looks pants.
Any ideas chaps?

Hmm. I think that's supposed to be your google profile picture, but it doesn't show for me either.

I have pictures disabled in my sms client however, so I never see my own (blank) picture. I only see them in my contact list/sms thread list.

Upvote 0
Any ideas chaps?

As a sort of botch fix, it might work if you add your own number to the address book, then attach your google profile pic to your own address book entry?

Upvote 0
Hmm. I think that's supposed to be your google profile picture, but it doesn't show for me either.

I have pictures disabled in my sms client however, so I never see my own (blank) picture. I only see them in my contact list/sms thread list.

Found this in another thread on AF

in the txt thread is the box gray or does it have a little android dude inside. if its gray then you didnt program the number right.

another way of checking is by hitting menu>settings>about phone>Phone information

in this screen it should say my number and it should have your info. if it does display your info then you just need to set up your profile.

to set your profile go to contacts. hit menu. select my profile and just edit your information dont forget to add your picture.

once done text and your photo should appear.......

My phone number is missing in the "About Phone, and i have no option to " hit menu. select my profile"
Its driving me:mad:

Upvote 0
Found this in another thread on AF

in the txt thread is the box gray or does it have a little android dude inside. if its gray then you didnt program the number right.

another way of checking is by hitting menu>settings>about phone>Phone information

in this screen it should say my number and it should have your info. if it does display your info then you just need to set up your profile.

to set your profile go to contacts. hit menu. select my profile and just edit your information dont forget to add your picture.

once done text and your photo should appear.......

My phone number is missing in the "About Phone, and i have no option to " hit menu. select my profile"
Its driving me:mad:

Try Settings -> Call Settings -> Additional Settings -> My Phone Number

Upvote 0
Jeez, this happens to me all the time. I search for ages on Google with no luck, post my question on here, then i find the sodding answer:rolleyes:

Anyway it was nicked from the CM Forum, for anyone else who has the problem.

If you mean that dedicated "Me" (or whatever it is called) card that refers to the phone owner in ROMs like HTC Sense, and is always displayed on top of the list, then CM7 simply doesn't have it.

This functionality in CM7 can be "emulated" by the following sequence of steps

1) Go to Settings -> Call Settings -> Additional Settings and enter your phone number in "My Phone Number" field.
2) Create a contact list entry with your own phone number. You can call it whatever you want ("Me", "Myself", "My Contact", whatever).

The contact card will serve as your own contact card you are used to having in HTC Sense ROM. It won't be displayed on top of the list though...

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones