• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sms notifications and landscape

umfan6

Dec 30, 2009
I was wondering is there any way i can stop my text messages from showing up in the top notification bar???? Like who the message is from and what the message says?

Also is anybody else having problems with landscape mode? When i first got the phone it would go into landscape mode without the keyboard, but now it wont. I was wondering is the next software update going to fix it and if when?

Yesterday, I noticed my screen no longer locking after shutting the display down with the switch. When I placed it in the docking cradle, I found the flip to landscape mode had also stopped. On top of that my Home and Send buttons no longer worked, and any calls I received went straight to voicemail.

Turns out this was a bug reported by the G1 guys before there even was a Moto Droid.

After cycling on and off, trying a couple re-boots, I downloaded AnyCut and tried re-going through set up. This worked for many folks, but not for me. Ultimately I had to do a Factory Reset to get everything back to working.

I guess what I am saying is, check your home button and hope you don't have more problems than the Home screen stopped rotating to landscape.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones