• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS shows @vzwtext instead of contact

clb2196

Android Enthusiast
Mar 1, 2011
I put this in the Revo forum too, but I thought it'd be more visibility here.

My hasband has an LG Revolution. Totally stock (well, LG's version of) Gingerbread. He's using the stock messaging app to send messages, and his contacts are synced from Google.

If he goes into a contact, say me, and clicks the messaging button, he can send a message and it shows it going to me. But if he exits, and goes back into the messaging app, it shows it going to [my#]@vzwtext.com, with no mention of my contact. All his incoming messages are like that, as well.

It's an issue, as you can imaging, as he has no idea who his messages are coming from unless he knows their # by sight. Also, if he replies to one of those messages instead of sending a new one through the contact, it shows on my phone as being from [his#]@vzwtext.com, even though he is in my contacts as well.

Any ideas? I have have him use Handcent or something if necessary, but I know he'd prefer to just be able to use the stock functionality. and to clarify, I know the @vzwtext.com is how it works for sending email to/from SMS, but he is *only* trying to send/receive regular SMS, there shouldn't be anything involved with email.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones