1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Snapchat freezing and restarting my phone

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Kr23, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Kr23

Kr23 Lurker

Hi there,

Recently I've noticed that when I try to use the facial filters on Snapchat, my Sony Xperia Z3 will freeze for a couple seconds and then restart. It happens every time. All of the other features work fine, except for this one.

When I first experienced this issue, I was running the Beta version. I opted out and reverted to the original version and am still experiencing the same problem.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app numerous times, cleared the cache and data and soft reset my phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Welcome to Android Forums.

Did you Wipe Cache Partition?

... Thom

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

try re-flashing your kernel or just do a factory reset. also if you are using a beta rom or a port there is no reason to expect 100% perfection. Try taking a logcat while running the snapchat app and forward it to the apps developer.

4. Richard Park

Richard Park Member

OP you must notify SnapChat with this issue. As this issue you are stating may occur on not just your device.
    Perhaps they can somehow get the CP Dump from your side as well?
    The only way you will not be seeing this issue is if SnapChat actually fixes this issue.

And PimpinEZ the OP is unable to get the LogCat due to DUT freezing and rebooting.
    At this point the only option OP has is getting RDX files which I highly doubt he has access to.
    This is a tough call. But PimpinEZ is right on reaching out to SnapChat asap.
    Good luck!

5. Shadocx

Shadocx Lurker

I also own a Sony Xperia Z3, most my facial filters works fine, but there is one, only one that freeze my phone and reboot it every time I try to use it.

6. Richard Park

Richard Park Member

You have to go to Google Play Store and email snap chat's R&D team or technical support team.
    Give them a thorough report on the problem, any preconditions, reproduction route.