• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Snapchat freezing and restarting my phone

Kr23

Lurker
Feb 4, 2015
Hi there,

Recently I've noticed that when I try to use the facial filters on Snapchat, my Sony Xperia Z3 will freeze for a couple seconds and then restart. It happens every time. All of the other features work fine, except for this one.

When I first experienced this issue, I was running the Beta version. I opted out and reverted to the original version and am still experiencing the same problem.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app numerous times, cleared the cache and data and soft reset my phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

Recently I've noticed that when I try to use the facial filters on Snapchat, my Sony Xperia Z3 will freeze for a couple seconds and then restart. It happens every time. All of the other features work fine, except for this one.

When I first experienced this issue, I was running the Beta version. I opted out and reverted to the original version and am still experiencing the same problem.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app numerous times, cleared the cache and data and soft reset my phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP you must notify SnapChat with this issue. As this issue you are stating may occur on not just your device.
Perhaps they can somehow get the CP Dump from your side as well?
The only way you will not be seeing this issue is if SnapChat actually fixes this issue.

And PimpinEZ the OP is unable to get the LogCat due to DUT freezing and rebooting.
At this point the only option OP has is getting RDX files which I highly doubt he has access to.
This is a tough call. But PimpinEZ is right on reaching out to SnapChat asap.
Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones