• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So... anyone have one of these?

I got mine yesterday, and have been playing with it ALOT!! trying to freeze it, slow it down, you know the usual. it may not be a S2 or 3, but the thing is fast, nice clear screen (do not turn on auto brightness, it makes it so dark you think it's about to lock) it handles apps and games surprisingly well, obviously it needs to be rooted to get rid of bloatware, and that awful samsung white keyboard, and plain notification icons.
give it a go, you won't be disapointed.

Upvote 0
I got the samsung galaxy rush the other day. Its a pretty cool phone the price. Like aspenwolfie said its not an sgs2 or sgs3, but it is pretty fast. I have tried diffrent ways to try and root it but no luck so far. I really would like to see it rooted and be glad to help eventhough i am still new at rooting. I found an app called xray and it said there are no vulnerable exploits. Maybe someone with more experince can get it rooted and get some roms.

Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed what seems to be light leakage at the bottom of the phone? When im in a dimly lit room , i touch the menu etc buttons at the bottom theres a blue rim at the bottom that extends from left to right. The light dissappears when the buttons are unlit.

I have an app called network signal info and under system info tue device is listed as Prevail2spr/sph m830

Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed what seems to be light leakage at the bottom of the phone? When im in a dimly lit room , i touch the menu etc buttons at the bottom theres a blue rim at the bottom that extends from left to right. The light dissappears when the buttons are unlit.

I have an app called network signal info and under system info tue device is listed as Prevail2spr/sph m830

prevail 2 sprint :)

and thats the light from the buttons is all, i dont see it but its harmless :p

Reactions: Kg198202
Upvote 0
I just got mine yesterday. I myself was thinking how Prevail-esque it was. 129.99 at Best Buy. It replaced my Prevail I purchased in February 2012. I was already on my 2nd one, thanks to the replacement plan. I like the new 4.0 OS. AND IT'S REALLY FAST! These are the only two Android phones I've ever had. I'm an avowed Mac user when it comes to computers, but I definitely like these phones better than the iPhone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones