• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help So no screen capture for unrooted?

Ok most if not ALL:

-Are not for the Optimus V. Most are for Galaxy it seems.
-Are not for phones that have not been rooted.
-Are not given anymore than two stars yet cost $5.

You guys are acting like there are pages upon pages for alternatives. Its barely half a page of those, which again, are problematic themselves.

Upvote 0
What the heck happened to ShootMe?
The author pulled it from the market.

You guys are acting like there are pages upon pages for alternatives.
And you're acting like it is our fault there are no screen shot apps.
I personally have ShootMe, an app that says it requires root but worked without it.

Reactions: Petrah
Upvote 0
Ok most if not ALL:

You guys are acting like there are pages upon pages for alternatives. Its barely half a page of those, which again, are problematic themselves.

-Two seconds to find this on Google.

Upvote 0
Ok most if not ALL:

Try Screen Grabber. It's free and works reasonably OK on an unrooted OV depending on your needs. Capture can only be done from the Notification Bar, as the Shake Sensor feature doesn't seem to work on the OV. The Advanced Options must also be configured as follows:

Require root access [unchecked]
Invert Colors [checked]

Nice and simple... suits my needs.

Upvote 0
Lol everybody can do that. I'm pretty sure it's implied here that they were looking for a way to screenshot without a computer. >_> like... on the go

And? Regardless of whether or not I was being a smart-ass, what I linked is a valid option for him/her. That's what the forum is for... to supply different options for those asking for assistance.

Reactions: lizm
Upvote 0
The author pulled it from the market.

And you're acting like it is our fault there are no screen shot apps.
I personally have ShootMe, an app that says it requires root but worked without it.

I'm not blaming anyone lol.

you can still find shootme through a google search for the apk file

it's sad that the guy pulled it from the market because all the people complaining that it wasn't working... 99% of those complaints are from people who don't take the time to read app descriptions

Does this method work without being rooted?

Upvote 0
Does this method work without being rooted?

As stated in previous posts, ShootMe works on the OpV without being rooted. However, caution should be used if you get this app from anywhere other than the author because you've no idea what else could be packaged with the apk file (trojans, personal information hijackers, harmful malware etc.). Those offering it anywhere without the authors permission are infringing on his legal copyrights.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones