• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So, your a drummer...

ive been a drummer since i was 11 im now 26 the best advice i can give to u is get into any genre of music and stick to it till u learn it well, when i started i was a lil drummer boy at church and i mostly played afro-cuban style music like songo and bossa nova but later got into gospel,rnb,some jazz. the best place to learn by watching is on youtube theres a channel called drumlesson.com

DrumLessons.com - YouTube

or this site which i started watching and gotta say they cover lots of techniques that are easy to follow.

http://www.freedrumlessons.com/drum-lessons/

Upvote 0
Drums are one of those few things you can't skimp on. I've always like Taye. They have some good stuff for the price and features you would find on higher end drum kits.

Don't skimp on the symbals either. Start small and just add to your kit as you go. If you're naturally talented you can play almost anything. When I was a teenager I would play in two different cover bands on the weekends and then go hit up a church on Sunday mornings. I was working in an open mic night bar until they found I was 16. Ooops guess people shouldn't have bought me all those shots.

I know how you feel when I started there was no instruction anywhere except for a bad typed up page on Geocities. I just started hanging with other drummers and asking questions. Drummers love to be considered musicians.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones