• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Soft Brick HBoot 2.16.0001 EVO 4g

I have also done the same thing, i've accepted the upgrade to gingerbread from sprint. I actually wasnt trying to root it or anything and went to turn my phone on one day and the bootloop popped up but the image files were missing and it was stuck on the fastboot screen but everything froze after the images weren't read. I have the same radio a hboot as above. any ideas on getting the img. files or to get out of the soft brick state. I'm a noob

Upvote 0
I have also done the same thing, i've accepted the upgrade to gingerbread from sprint. I actually wasnt trying to root it or anything and went to turn my phone on one day and the bootloop popped up but the image files were missing and it was stuck on the fastboot screen but everything froze after the images weren't read. I have the same radio a hboot as above. any ideas on getting the img. files or to get out of the soft brick state. I'm a noob

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in hboot it is normal to get the message wrong or no image. it is programmed to find a file name PC36IMG. if it does not find it, then you will get that message.

try and pop out the battery and reboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones