• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root software s off!

cool,hit me up if you have any issues. i had a tough time getting it to work :eek:

a couple bits of advice for the masses:
-if you get an error 99 instead of the required error 92,what fixed this for me was relocking the bootloader,then re-unlocking. if you have trouble getting the bootloader to relock,unplug,power the device off,give it a few seconds,power back on to hboot,select fastboot,then try and relock again.

-if you get a "segmented" error message entering the last command line,its due to some sort of super su binary issue. alot of folks that were having repeated failures finally got success after flashing viper one s 2.0.0( link ),myself included. so you may want to go ahead and flash it first ;)

*do not try with a locked or relocked bootloader. its remotely possible(happened to me) that PJ4010000 will flash and not fail,upgradiung your hboot to 2.15,wich is not good.

hope it helps :)

Reactions: agentc13
Upvote 0
FYI, I PM'ed Beaups yesterday about making a guide here for Facepalm S-Off with screenshots and everything, just waiting for permission to proceed. ;)

I found it to be a pretty simple process, but for those not used to adb/fastboot spelling it out and screen shots definitely help. :)

Also, merged this with Scotty's S-off announcement thread. ;)

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
let me know what he says. those guys get a TON of PMs,if you dont get anything back,might just ask him on IRC. if he doesnt mind,i may pm him as well... ill do one for HOXL,and maybe one for DNA.

im thinking a "safely flash other partitions" guide may be in order as well,and a "becareful what youre doing with s off" disclaimer,since bad flashes of some things can hard brick phones.

Reactions: agentc13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones