• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Software Update 1.10.652.6

rwinvt

Apr 19, 2011
Got this update a couple days ago- holding off on install until I can find out a bit more...

So far, I can find only two other posts out there in netland- one guy says his GPS now thinks he is 2000 miles away, another guy updated his wife'e phone and he is "mad as hell." ( no replies other than one on VM facebook- the usual "Gee, we're sorry. We'll look into it)

Are we the only three people that have gotten this update, or are we just the only three people that own the One V and haven't rooted it, so we actually consider installing updates?

Is this standard practice, for a manufacturer to put out an update with no anouncement or info available as to what it does?

This update is doing different things to the same phone. I have this phone and it overheats when Connection Optimizer is enable and having WiFi radio turn off due having no open WiFi in my area. The My Account App got update now telling me that I need a PRL Update and that 4gis off. I have some screenshots they are on my Facebook account facebook . com / craig.deed.1 ( I'm new user) I have called HTC and Virgin Mobile about this and they blaming each other. HTC Keep telling me the HTC One V is 4g capable phone and I keep telling the phone is marketed as a 3g only phone for Virgin Mobile.

Upvote 0
There is no Sprint 4G in my area even if the One V was 4g capable.

Meanwhile, there is another update floating around -- that one was (is?) 2.08.401.2. I never got any notification for that one. Gave support for the HTC Media Link. Don't have a digital TV either, so not much use for me from that one either.

I guess I'll just hold off until I hear some other good reasons to update.

Upvote 0
Well, I decided to hit the button and go for it. Just as I got to the screenabout the wi-fi update, ... process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

The update screen was frozen at that point, settings shows the new software version number, but I have no idea whether it really took or not, or whether the wi-fi setting is permanently set on, or off.

Went to my Account, it shows there is a PRL update available, but pressing it doesn't do anything.

Upvote 0
Installed this update. Noticed a slight improvement in speed when switching between 3g and wifi. But this apparently small update has a huge disclosure attached to it. I am surprised no one mentions it. It says that if you activate the optimization, you are giving them permission to collect usage data! So that's what its all about probably. Some bs update that has some research usage for the carrier. loll. Not being paranoid. Let's hope someone figures out the whole thing.

Upvote 0
Has anyone else tried this update? I went ahead and installed it shortly after my last post about it, and the lag and unresponsiveness got worse, as did the freezing and crashing apps... It got to a point that Vmo had me factory reset the phone, and that didnt help so they replaced it for me.... New phone has been working fine.. battery is at 49% after 2 full days (light surfing and texting) with no lag or anything so far that I've noticed, (and I'm also keeping WiFi on to make surfing faster when I'm around it... Things overall are 150% better than the old phone.. Think I'll skip the system update...<.<

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones