• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Solved) Constantly Freezing

androidfear93

Dec 21, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Idk if this has anything to do with my device being rooted because this did happen before rooting but since its rooted im posting here. My exhibit is now constantly freezing up, for example, when im in youtube or in the web browser, when Im loading a new page or navigating it, or clicking on a new video the screen goes black excluding the status bar, and what really pisses me off is that everytime this happens, I cant power of the phone because holding down the power button doesn't bring up the menu. So I have to rip the battery out everytime. Does anyone got any advice?? Hopefully not containing the line "do a factory reset". I appreciate any help either way.

and what really pisses me off is that everytime this happens, I cant power of the phone because holding down the power button doesn't bring up the menu. So I have to rip the battery out everytime.

Hold the power button in for something like 15 seconds, the phone will power down without having to pull the battery.

Reactions: androidfear93
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones