• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SOLVED] rooting IDER A10 box

Try to enter the playstore site, log with your account and search for facebook or any other app that does not show. It will probably say your device is not compatible.
If this is the case it is not a case of locked market, but that the app maker don't have a version for you.

As a workaround you could try to change your signatures on build.prop, THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS, ONLY DO IF YOU REALLY KNOWN WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Other one, if you have other Android device, you could copy the installed application, this is what i did for some apps. The apks of installed apps could be found on /data/app(you must be root). Just tranfer the ones to ider and install clicking on the .apk. you dont have notifications of new versions this way.

Upvote 0
4f21eef1-cec6-c6ea.jpg

This is a screen shot of my wifi supplicant.conf with wifi error... Is there something wrong?

Upvote 0
Try to enter the playstore site, log with your account and search for facebook or any other app that does not show. It will probably say your device is not compatible.
If this is the case it is not a case of locked market, but that the app maker don't have a version for you.

As a workaround you could try to change your signatures on build.prop, THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS, ONLY DO IF YOU REALLY KNOWN WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Other one, if you have other Android device, you could copy the installed application, this is what i did for some apps. The apks of installed apps could be found on /data/app(you must be root). Just tranfer the ones to ider and install clicking on the .apk. you dont have notifications of new versions this way.

Facebook, Google+, etc.. won't show up at all. I have a Chinese mobile phone coming without Google Play Store; but once I push vending.apk into system/app, it just works and see all apps. Try using the same vending.apk on this box, but those famous apps just won't show up. Clear cache, clear data several times on both vending and googleframework didn't help.

So I have to try to change fingerprint, but to which one?

p.s. now I have to copy apk files to sdcard and install them manually.

Upvote 0
before i start to root my device.. is it safe to move to this firmware (march vers)?
what are the changes or enhancements?

Hi Walter...I can't tell you what improvements it delivers; the vendor can't tell me too :(. however, so far so good, nothing breaks down, knock knock. I flash it because I hope it might solve missing apps issue on Google Play store, which is obviously not.

I can use the stock "Upgrade" app to root the box (or perform firmware update) without having to manually force the box to recovery mode. The stock Upgrade app allows you to choose which zip file in your sdcard you wish to use for update. Once chosen, it will automatically reboot into recovery mode and update it . When completed, the box will reboot automatically into normal Android home display.

Upvote 0
See the image on attachment, of my account about facebook:

The model of our box is: "MBX MBX DVBT reference board", you can see it is not compatible. Some applications are more permissive on devices they accept: they accept everything, except ones they explicitly exclude. Others are aggressive: they only accept the ones explicitly listed. Those are the ones the device "MBX MBX DVBT reference board" won't work :). While google play does not recognize the model or signature of our device, I think there is nothing we can do about vending.apk or market.apk, because it will be locked on server side.

On the same image you can see a "T-Mobile Samsung GT-P1000", this one is a generic tablet with same aspects of original galaxy tab, and I changed the signatures on build.prop, now I can have all the apps galaxy tab has, it is a little complicated and dangerous. I really can't say the one it will work for our box.

About the improvements of the new version, for what I could translate(and undestood) was some improvements on 1080 video playback. What I really saw and liked a lot was the option "Account and Sync" on Settings and software decoding performance of videos in some apps.

Attachments

• iderA10.png
    iderA10.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 166
Upvote 0
Here it is.
http://db.tt/iYt5LZEz

Btw, I still can't make my play store see Facebook, Foursquare, etc.

I have just copied your file over mine. My file size is 65byte and yours 217kbyte... ??? If I try to open with text editor out contains unreadable letters... could be chinese text format problem??? My default box language is italian and my file contains english words...

Tonight I will try your posted firmware...

Above all I don't understand why after few minutes I reboot and the wifi works while if I reboot quickly I have wifi error...

Upvote 0
Did you change permission of wpasupplicant.conf to rw-r--r-- ?

this is the 7 Mar firmware I got from vender early this week
Download latest firmware.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Just in case it will solve your problem.

bthoven i don't think you have the latest firmware...

I downloaded your firmware and in the file build.prop is written

ro.build.date=2012年 02月 15日 星期三 00:26:09 HKT

in my latest firmware is written

ro.build.date=2012年 03月 07日 星期三 21:39:53 HKT

Here you can download my firmware:
4shared.com - free file sharing and storage

and these are build.prop and vending from the 7 march firmware:

Attachments

• Vending.apk
    3.5 MB · Views: 116
  • build.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 0
bthoven i don't think you have the latest firmware...

I downloaded your firmware and in the file build.prop is written

ro.build.date=2012年 02月 15日 星期三 00:26:09 HKT

in my latest firmware is written

ro.build.date=2012年 03月 07日 星期三 21:39:53 HKT

Here you can download my firmware:
4shared.com - free file sharing and storage

and these are build.prop and vending from the 7 march firmware:

Thanks a lot.

Inside the zip file of my vendor firmware, most system files/folders date stamp are 7 mar 2012. Buildprop for both versions are almost identical, except the version date and some different settings on digital audio (from "on" to "off"), which is not so important.

I, for now, won't update my box to 7 Mar firmware version. Will try to modify buildprop tonight when I'm home. If it solves Google Play Store issue, then I'll leave it as it is (not sure the 7 Mar firmware will cause the Wifi intermitten issue you've experienced).

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot.

Inside the zip file of my vendor firmware, most system files/folders date stamp are 7 mar 2012. Buildprop for both versions are almost identical, except the version date and some different settings on digital audio (from "on" to "off"), which is not so important.

I, for now, won't update my box to 7 Mar firmware version. Will try to modify buildprop tonight when I'm home. If it solves Google Play Store issue, then I'll leave it as it is (not sure the 7 Mar firmware will cause the Wifi intermitten issue you've experienced).

I think could be a power problem... is it too strange that after a night it works well...

Upvote 0
There are two different files, wpa_supplicant is a binary, if you open it, it will have strange chars. The other one is wpa_supplicant.conf, it is a conf file. The size of them is different.

Here is the content of wpa_supplicant.conf in 15 Feb version:

update_config=1
ctrl_interface=wlan0
ctrl_interface_group=system

So, as you said, the problem is not with the wpasupplicant files.

Upvote 0
i have read all the messages in this post but i am confused.

I need to buy 30 of these devices, but i need these files to be rooted because i will use apps like cifsmanager, droid.... Can someone tell me if i will be able to have root access where all the files i should have to root it and steps.

Please!

Regards,

Upvote 0
i have read all the messages in this post but i am confused.

I need to buy 30 of these devices, but i need these files to be rooted because i will use apps like cifsmanager, droid.... Can someone tell me if i will be able to have root access where all the files i should have to root it and steps.

Please!

Regards,

Here is the process (roughly as I'm not at home)

1. Just download update.root.yareg.march....zip from this post:
http://androidforums.com/4263532-post25.html

2. copy the zip file into your external sdcard (don't unzip the file, just copy into it)

3. insert the sdcard into the box

4. power on the box as usual until you get Android Home screen

5. find a stock app named something like "upgrade" in application screen, and run it.

6. then follow the instruction and choose the file "update.root.....zip" from your inserted sdcard, and press upgrade (or update?)

7. then the box will reboot itself into Recovery mode and execute the rooting script by itself. When completed, it will reboot itself again

8. Now your box should be rooted. Verify root success by Rootchecker app; or look for Superuser app. If it's there, your box has been rooted.

Reactions: walteroa
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones