• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Some advice...

joshmutiny

Lurker
May 20, 2011
So, a friend of mine is going to be buying a g-tab today. He's going to give me a few days with it to root it and put a ROM on it, as he's completely inexperienced with Android, and I've been using it for quite a while now.

However, I'm not very familiar with tablet ROMs.

Does anyone have any suggestions of ROMs to use? I want to get him something that's stable and fast and pretty/sleek. Like, is there a 3.0 ROM available for these?

Also, once rooted and with a rom, is there anything in particular I should do extra for it? OC/etc? It's a 10" tab running the Tegra 2 Dual Core 1GHz, so I don't see any need to OC it right now.

Any and all suggestions are very much appreciated.

So, a friend of mine is going to be buying a g-tab today. He's going to give me a few days with it to root it and put a ROM on it, as he's completely inexperienced with Android, and I've been using it for quite a while now.

However, I'm not very familiar with tablet ROMs.

Does anyone have any suggestions of ROMs to use? I want to get him something that's stable and fast and pretty/sleek. Like, is there a 3.0 ROM available for these?

Also, once rooted and with a rom, is there anything in particular I should do extra for it? OC/etc? It's a 10" tab running the Tegra 2 Dual Core 1GHz, so I don't see any need to OC it right now.

Any and all suggestions are very much appreciated.

You can start here for rooting or rom'ing instructions.

gTablet - All Things Root - Android Forums

There are froyo roms (most stable), gb roms (mostly stable) and there is one HC rom (sorta stable).

Once you get your friends gtab loaded with clockwork mod then choosing a rom is your next step.

Have fun.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones